Our online nursing program to BSN degree includes specific areas of study allowing you to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) online in an organized and supportive learning environment.
An online nursing degree could help you pursue a career in nursing or move on to pursue your master's degree, either at a traditional campus or through one of our online nursing programs. Faculty and student support counselors at Graceland University in Independence, Missouri, will guide your every step from application to completion of the online RN to BSN program. The result is a quality nursing degree that will put you in high demand.
You may receive up to 28 semester hours of credit for your previous undergraduate nursing courses, regardless of how long ago you earned them. General education credit may be awarded through transfer, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or online courses. Graduates will be awarded the BSN upon completion of all requirements for the nursing degree.
In order to complete one of Graceland’s RN to BSN online programs, you will need to complete or transfer the following:
RN-BSN Core Courses
- NURS3460 Professional Seminar I 3 s.h.
- NURS3110 Health Assessment for Practicing Nurses 3 s.h.
- NURS3160 Evidence Based Practice 3 s.h.
- NURS3430 Pathophysiology-Related Pharm 3 s.h.
- NURS4160 Leadership Roles in Nursing 3 s.h.
- NURS4280 Global Health and Policy Issues 3 s.h.
- NURS4350 Community Health Nursing 3 s.h.
- NURS4410 Reflective Practice in Nursing 2 s.h.
- NURS4420 Professional Seminar II 2 s.h.
- NURS4460 Senior Capstone 3 s.h.
Total Core Courses - 28 s.h.
Note: There is no time limit on when science courses may have been completed.
RN-BSN Support Courses
- BIOL2300 Anatomy and Physiology I 3 s.h.
- BIOL2310 Anatomy and Physiology II 3 s.h.
- BIOL2360 Introduction to Microbiology 4 s.h.
- BIOL2560 Nutrition 3 s.h.
- MATH1380 Introduction to Statistics 3 s.h.
- PSYC1300 Introduction to Psychology 3 s.h.
- PSYC2250 Developmental Psychology 3 s.h.
- SOCI1300 Introduction to Sociology 3 s.h.
Total Support Courses - 25 s.h.
All support and general education courses must be completed prior to enrollment in nursing core courses.
General education requirements may be satisfied by completing an approved combination of courses listed in our online catalog. Most courses may be satisfied by transfer credit, and others may be challenged or completed online. These requirements are waived for students possessing a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
About Your Location
Every state in the U.S. creates its own specific regulations about the online enrollment of the students who live within the state. Some states require fees and/or application efforts that require a considerable investment of university resources. In an effort to maintain a reasonable tuition rate, Graceland University’s nursing program does not accept students who live in Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina or Tennessee at this time.
Graceland University is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission to provide practice experiences in Washington State for RN - BSN, MSN, Post-Grad Certification, and DNP programs.
About the School
Founded in 1895 and sponsored by Community of Christ, Graceland University is more than just a school. It is a community of passionate, caring and dedicated individuals who put their relationships wit ... Read More