Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post Basic Nursing)
B.Sc Nursing is a bachelor degree program offered at a university level. The undergraduate nursing program is broad-based education within an academic framework specially directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competence, and standards required for the practice of professional nursing and midwifery as envisaged in national health policy 2002. B.Sc. Nursing program prepares its graduates to become an exemplary citizen by adhering to code of ethics and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations so as to respond to national aspirations.These graduate nurses are prepared to work as a care provider, educator, coordinator, advocator, researcher, counselor & administrator etc.
They can become a postgraduate nurse after completing the M.Sc Nursing and M.Phil & Ph.D. Nursing and become nursing faculty, work as senior nursing managers in hospitals and as program coordinators in various projects and researchers.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Nutrition and Biochemistry
- Nursing Foundations
- Introduction to computers
- Medical – Surgical Nursing - 1
- Pharmacology, pathology, genetics
- Community Health Nursing - 1
- Communication and Educational Technology
- Medical-Surgical Nursing - II
- Child Health Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Midwifery & Obstetrical nursing
- Community Health Nursing - II
- Nursing Research & Statistics
- Management of Nursing Services and Education
- As per INC Guidelines
- Sr. Secondary (10+2) with minimum 45% marks
- Science background at Secondary level
- Good knowledge of English
- Minimum age 17 years
Selection based on screening and personal interview
There is demand for nurses all over the world in India it is estimated that there is need of 12 lacks nurses by 2020 and in the united state of America there is an acute shortage of nurses and it is same in the developed world.
The employment opportunities in this profession are available in Government and private hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, crèches, schools, office, factories, orphanages, old age home and also nurse teacher’s in nursing institutions.
All our alumni’s are employed staff nurses. They have been absorbed in VIMHANS, Sharda Hospital, Eye Care Centre, Noida.
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programs is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification for the Under Graduate programs is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programs is graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programs is degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in the year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate program.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as the primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission to Sharda University in its Under Graduate program, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.