Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
Dayananda Sagar College of Nursing Sciences was established in the year 2002. The college is attached to Sagar Hospital – a multi-specialty hospital within the campus for clinical practicum.
The undergraduate program prepares the students to be qualified nurses with adequate theoretical and clinical exposure by adopting modern teaching and learning methodologies. The Post Graduate program prepares the students to develop excellent skills in clinical areas, ensures confidence to work in challenging environment and also enable to work independently as an advanced nurse practitioner or nurse researcher. Throughout the course, students will learn to practice person-centered nursing in a compassionate and respectful way that promotes dignity and well-being. Graduate nurses will develop the ability to act with professionalism and integrity, and work within agreed professional, ethical and legal frameworks and processes to maintain and improve standards of health care.
Facilities & Features
- Class Room Facilities: Well furnished, ventilated and spacious classrooms provide ambiance facilitating teaching-learning process. Classrooms are provided with facilities for utilizing modern educational technologies.
- Library: Library has a vast collection of latest edition books as well as National and International Journals. It is also provided with a digital facility for students and teachers to access e-journals for continuous upgrading of knowledge.
- Labs: Full-fledged laboratories with adequate supplies and equipment for each concerned department are made available for hands-on training aimed at skill development.
Clinical Facilities: The Institution is attached to two multi-specialty parent hospitals which offer the students state-of-the-art facilities for hands-on training in real life setting. Affiliation to Government hospitals like Victoria, Vanivilas and NIMHANS provides them ample opportunities to perfect their skills in rendering comprehensive patient care.
Community Facilities: Institution is affiliated with community health centers in Urban and Rural areas enabling the students to enhance their competencies in functioning as primary health care providers.
Student Welfare Activities: Along with the systematic implementation of curriculum, students are given opportunities for showcasing their talents and innate abilities by partaking in State and National level competitions organized by Student Nurses Association. The health of students is also given prime importance through yearly health checkups and referral medical facilities. The college also organizes cultural events and trips yearly which refreshes students physically and mentally.
Opportunities & Careers
Basic B.Sc Nursing, PB B.Sc Nursing:
- Staff nurse: Direct Patient Care
- Nurse Specialist: Ambulatory care nurse, Critical care nurse, School Health nurse, Industrial Nurse, Military Nurse, OT nurse, orthopedic nurse, Diabetic nurse, Oncology nurse, cardiothoracic nurse, Disaster nurse, Neuro nursing.
- Clinical instructor / tutor in educational institutions.
- Can pursue clinical research, hospital administration, public health, nursing informatics.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 26, 2018