Bachelor of Science in Medical Imaging Technology
With the advances in the imaging technology for various tissues consisting of different organ systems in the human body such as X-rays, Ultra-sound, sonography CT-scanning, MRI, PET-scanning, etc. there is a great demand for the imaging technologists. Keeping this in mind a course of studies at bachelor level has been designed to fulfill the need of skillful imaging technologies.
- Gross Radiological & Surface Anatomy of Human Body
- Physiology in Radiography
- Basic Physics, Electricity and Magnetism and Radiation Physics
- Dark Room Procedures
- Hospital Practice and Care of the Patients
- Apparatus for Radiography Principle and Construction of X-ray Imaging Equipments
- Radiographic technique of bone and joints
- Special Radiographic Techniques
- Recent advances in imaging and contrast media
- Radiation hazards and its protection and planning of the department.
- Sr. Secondary (10+2) in PCB
- Good knowledge of English
Selection based on Screening and personal interview
Career and Placement
There is a great opportunity for the persons with specialization in imaging technology in all kinds of hospitals and health care centers which is going to increase in time to come because of the advances technology and attitude of the society for a good and healthy life.
In conformity with the vision of The Government of India and goals and philosophy of Sharda University to create a skillful workforce in the area of Medical Science and Technology, this academic program has been initiated from the academic year 2013-2014 and the first batch of students is going to be admitted from this year onwards.
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programs is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification for the Under Graduate programs is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programs are graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programs are degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in the year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate program.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as a primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission to Sharda University in its Under Graduate program, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.