About Study Program
Swiss German University (SGU) is the first and the only university offering a bachelor degree (S1) in the field of Pharmaceutical Engineering in Indonesia, with graduates currently advancing their career as professionals in national and multi-national companies. Pharmaceutical Engineering is a concentration of the study program Chemical Engineering, with a focus on design, operation, and optimization of processes in pharmaceutical industries. This study program combines theoretical perspective with actual experience in pharmaceutical industries by offering an internship program in Indonesia and in Germany.
To become a globally recognized Chemical Engineering study program, excelling in technology and demonstrating integrity, as well as high social responsibility.
- To carry out Chemical Engineering study program activities strongly interacting with industry.
- To provide a quality education that produces graduates with competencies to fulfill the needs of industry, academic fields, and other social needs.
- To conduct research in the field of process engineering, processing systems, and equipment, that will contribute to, and impact industry and society.
- To conduct community service benefitting the industrial community, professionals, and the local community by utilizing science and technology.
- To build relations with both national and international institutions.
- To increase the quality and professionalism of the academic and non-academic staff.
What You Study
Basic sciences and the laboratories subjects (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Microbiology) are studied in the first year to build a strong basic knowledge for the students. In the higher semesters, the student learns about Chemical Engineering principles, Pharmaceutical Unit Operations, Pharmaceutical Process and Process Design, Good Manufacturing Practices in Pharmaceutical Industries, Plant Safety, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, and other relevant subjects. Through the combination of theory and industrial practical experience during the internship program in Indonesia and in Germany, the students are equipped with the strong competency needed for their future professional work.
- English 1
- Calculus and Linear Algebra 1
- Physics 1
- Physics 1 Laboratory
- Chemistry 1
- Chemistry 1 Laboratory
- Introduction to Programming (IT)
- Technical Drawing
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- German Language and Culture 1
- Mandarin Language and Culture 1
- English 2
- Calculus and Linear Algebra 2
- Physics 2
- Physics 2 Laboratory
- Chemistry 2
- Chemistry 2 Laboratory
- Engineering Statistics
- Ethics and Religious Philosophy
- Microbiology Lab
- German Language and Culture 2
- Mandarin Language and Culture 2
- Internship 1 (Indonesia)
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Pharmaceutical Code
- Introduction to Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Material and Energy Balance
- Transport Phenomena
- Analytical Instrumentation
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory
- English 3
- Pancasila and Civic
- Pharmaceutical Engineering Unit Operations
- Heat and Fluid Transfer
- Thermodynamics Laboratory
- Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Reactions and Kinetics
- German Language and Culture 3
- Mandarin Language and Culture 3
- English 4
- Indonesian Language
- Elective subject 1
- Pharmaceutical Engineering Unit Operations Laboratory
- Process Equipment Design
- Separation Technology
- Engineering Mathematics
- Elective subject 2
- German Language and Culture 4
- Mandarin Language and Culture 4
- Internship 2 (abroad)
- English 5
- Plant Safety Operations
- Research Methodology
- Elective subject 3
- Engineering Economy and Analysis
- Plant Design
- Pharmaceutical Material & Formulation
- Process Control
- Critical Utility & Waste treatment
- Oral Final Study Examination (OFSE)
- Energy Policy
Why in SGU
SGU’s Pharmaceutical Engineering study program is highly valued by many industries in the field of pharmaceutical, chemical, herbal, and cosmetics products, as well as pharmaceutical equipment and machinery companies in Indonesia. The demand for Pharmaceutical Engineering graduates in Indonesia is very high, and therefore the waiting period for the graduates to get a job is less than three months after graduation. This study program offers a complete knowledge and competency of both pharmaceutical science and general chemical engineering concepts for the graduates to prepare them for their future professional careers.
The graduates possess career opportunities to work in national and multi-national pharmaceutical, chemical, herbal, cosmetics companies. Furthermore, they also can work in the pharmaceutical-related machines and instrumentations companies, either the manufacturers or suppliers. Moreover, they also have big opportunities to work as consultants, researchers, lecturers, and entrepreneurs.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2017