- Faculty name: Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Study domain: Health (Medicine - sectorally regulated)
- Name of the university program: Medicine
Short description of the university program:
The program of study Medicine (English) was founded in 1995.
After 6 years of study and passing the license exam, the graduates get the diploma of Medical Doctor. The graduates obtain these professional skills following theoretical and practical subjects in our faculty and five clinical hospitals: Identification of the pathological conditions and correct diagnosis of the disease and/or associated diseases; Development and implementation of an appropriate treatment plan for the condition (disease) identified; Assessment of disease risk or occurrence of a disease context of an individual or community, followed by the selection and application of the appropriate preventive measures; Addressing health/disease in terms of community features in direct relation to the social, economic and/or cultural conditions of the community; Initiation and development of scientific research and/or competence formation; Fulfillment in terms of efficiency and effectiveness of managerial duties imposed by certain professional roles.
- Type of studies: Full-time
- The standard length of studies (in years): 6
- Number of ECTS credits: 360
- 1st of October - end of February – courses, exams, the holiday for students and session for retakes - first semester.
- End of February – mid of June – courses, exams, the holiday for students, summer practice – second semester.
- Mid of June – mid of September – session for retakes and Diploma exam.
Bachelor's degree, validated by the Ministry of Education (MENCS); English language eliminatory test. For non-EU students – Letter of Acceptance; For EU students - Atestat of recognition of studies.
Please check our website for further information.
Interview (choices between biology or organic chemistry).
Call for applications:
- Registration and admission exam: mid of July – end of July.
- Final results: the beginning of August.
- Registration and admission exam: first week of September – mid of September.
- Final results: the end of September.
To be completed on-site, not online.
- Registration fee: 150 RON (approximately 30 Euro)
- Appeals fee: 150 RON (approximately 30 Euro)
- Matriculation fee: 100 RON (approximately 25 Euro)
- 150 Euro: processing file fee for recognition of studies for foreign candidates.
- 22500 RON/year (our national currency): for Romanian and EU candidates;
- 550 EUR/month x 9 months = 4950 EUR/year: for non-EU candidates.
Fee for the preparatory language course (if necessary):
- 250 EUR / month x 9 months = 2250 EUR/preparatory year: for non-EU candidates;
- 2700 RON (our national currency)/preparatory year: for EU candidates.
No of available state subsidized places, Grants scholarships, and program administrative costs:
- Scholarships – each semester for every student
About the School
The mission of the University of Oradea is to provide education and research to a high standard of quality in a national and international context of social, professional and, last but not least, inte ... Read More