Medical Universities in Malaysia generally offer a five-year undergraduate program for future doctors. It is compulsory for students who have graduated from medical school to work in the Government Hospital under housemanship program for a duration of three years.
In Malaysia, some new medical schools do offer a foundation in medicine course before admission into a full-time medical program. Most government and some private medical schools offer M.D., and others mostly offer MBBS degrees.
- Affordable tuition fee
- Scholarship Available
- Clinical training within Malaysia
- Highly qualified, experienced and committed local and international academic staff
- State-of-the-art Teaching and Clinical Skills Laboratories with Mock Ward
Upon successful completion of this training program, the graduates would have acquired sufficient knowledge, developed essential competencies and imbibed the correct professional attitudes to function as an effective primary healthcare provider. They would have also gained life-long learning skills and would be motivated and trained enough to conduct research and ready for postgraduate training in their field of interest.
Phases of Study
Entry to the public medical schools is very competitive. Courses finish in five or six years. The medical program usually consist of 3 phases.
Phase I consists of the first two years of the program involving integrated teaching and learning of the relevant basic medical sciences.
Phase II (Year 3) and Phase III (Year 4 and Year 5) involve clinical skills development and subsequent consolidation of clinical clerkship in the various clinical aspects.
Two years of pre-clinical training in an academic environment and three years clinical training at a teaching hospital. Medical schools and teaching hospitals are closely integrated.
Entry requirements basically depend upon High School Certificate, Senior Secondary Certificates like Malaysian Matriculation Program, GCE A Level, International Baccalaureate (IB), Foundation in Science program, or Unified Examination Certificate.
- Indian Pre-U: Average of 70% in any 3 subjects, i.e Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths.
- A-Level: Grade BBB, ABC, AAC in 3 subjects, that is. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Maths.
- Duration: 5 Years
- Intake: Feb/Oct 2018
Salient Features of Curriculum
- Horizontal Integration among basic science disciplines or among clinical disciplines and Vertical Integration among basic and clinical science disciplines
- Organ / System-Based Modular Approach with
- Problem-Based Learning in Phase I
- Cadaveric Dissection for Gross Anatomy
- Early Clinical Exposure during Years 1 & 2
- Clinical and Communication Skills Training
- Research Projects
- Specialty-Based Clinical Postings in Hospitals
- Elective Postings
- Interactive Learning and Team-Based Learning
- Problem-Solving Sessions
- Journal Club Session
- Adolescent Medicine along with Paediatrics
- Geriatrics and Palliative Care Posting
- Health Administration and Entrepreneurship
- Continuous Professional Development and Ethics
- Co- and Extra-Curricular Activities to ensure comprehensive development of students
- English Language Proficiency Program
Our services include:
- Educational Counseling
- Course Selection
- University Selection
- Offers & Admissions in Universities / Colleges
- Visa Assistance
- Scholarship Assistance
- Study Abroad
- Loan Assistance
- Pre Departure and Post Arrival Services
- Airport Assistance
- Accommodation Services
Studying in Malaysia offers international students more than academic achievement and a globally recognized qualification, the Malaysian education experience will give students a wealth of academic knowledge and vocational skills that will be beneficial for a lifetime. Contact us for more info.