Bachelor of Medical Sciences
This interdisciplinary degree provides you with a broad background in the sciences needed for research in medical, biomedical and related health professions.
This degree is a broad and flexible program in the biological, chemical and biomolecular sciences that provides a solid base for further study in medical and allied areas with a strong focus on research skills.
- Offers a broad range of practical and applied sciences required in the medical, biomedical and related health services.
- Provides a solid background for postgraduate study in medical and allied health areas.
- Support and advice available from academic mentors with expertise in the medical sciences.
Broaden your university experience with PACE
Gain practical experience by applying your studies to real life through PACE.
PACE is a unit students complete during their degree that gives them professional and community engagement experiences. By working with business, government and community organisations locally, nationally or internationally, students develop the combination of skills employers value. PACE can involve:
- integrating work with learning, such as through internships
- community service and development
- practical experiences
- field trips
If you're interested in medical, biomedical and allied health sciences, or a career in medical research.
- Required: Knowledge of mathematics and chemistry (HSC Mathematics and HSC Chemistry; or international equivalents)
English language requirements
All applicants for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework studies at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
You may satisfy the English language requirements if you have completed:
- senior secondary studies equivalent to the NSW HSC
- one year of Australian or comparable tertiary study in a country of qualification
This school offers programs in: