The degree programme will qualify the student as a Registered Nurse (RN). The programme trains nurses who are the experts in nursing in different working environments. Their main task is to promote and maintain health and to prevent illness. They care for ill and suffering individuals, families and communities and also rehabilitate them.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN:
- nursing in multicultural settings
- a humane and social profession as Registered Nurse (RN)
- supporting, helping and caring for healthy and sick human beings of all ages
- using modern technology in nursing
- developing and researching nursing according to scientific methods
- achieving good skills both in English language and in the Finnish language
- knowing the responsibilities of RN in nursing
During your studies, you will develop evidence-based theoretical thinking and practical skills in nursing. The programme includes supervised clinical practice according to EU-directives, partly conducted abroad.
YOUR STUDIES INCLUDE COMPETENCE IN:
- acting ethically
- promoting and maintaining health
- doing practical nursing acts
- giving the right medication
- improving decision-making in nursing
- advising and guiding the patients
- interacting and co-operating in multi-professional teams and with colleagues
- developing and researching nursing
- managing and planning in nursing organisations
- nursing in multicultural settings
HOW ARE YOUR STUDIES ORGANISED?
Your studies are full-time studies. The programme is taught and conducted in English, but it also includes studies in Finnish so that the foreign students will be able to use the Finnish language at the end of the education. Part of the practical training should be done in Finnish speaking organisation during the studies.
Literature reviews, scientific articles and research which are needed in the learning process are written mainly in English. The programme includes theoretical contact lectures as well as independent learning studies. Learning methods depend on the topics, eg. lab skills and virtual methods are used. Theoretical studies will be organized mainly at the School of Health Care and Social Work.
You train nursing during the practical periods in different kind of nursing settings both in Finland and abroad for a total period of 50 weeks. During the practical training, you combine theoretical and practical knowledge in nursing.
The degree programme gives excellent employment opportunities in the healthcare sector all around the world. In Finland, Registered Nurses work in hospitals, healthcare centres, elderly homes, rehabilitation centres, in the private sector, in the voluntary sector and also as entrepreneurs.
HOW TO APPLY?
The next chance to apply for the Bachelor of Health Care, Nursing (Registered Nurse) is 10 - 25 January 2017 in the joint application at www.studyinfo.fi
At Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, scholarships can be granted to students required to pay a tuition fee. The principles of the scholarship scheme of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences are as follows:
All first-year students, who are required to pay a tuition fee, will be granted a scholarship, which covers 50% of the annual tuition fee.
Scholarships for first-year students will be paid by the last day of November.
To be eligible for a scholarship after the first academic year the student must accrue:
- a minimum of 55 credits during the previous academic year in a Bachelor degree programme
- a minimum of 20 credits during the previous semester (half a year) in a Master degree programme
The amount of the scholarship after the first academic year:
- 60 % of the annual tuition fee for students, who have accrued the credits mentioned above with the mean grade 3-5 (scale 0-5).
- 30 % of the annual tuition fee for students, who have accrued the credits mentioned above with the mean grade 1-2 (scale 0-5).
Scholarships for continuing students will be paid by the last day of September each year.
Cost & Fees
At Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, tuition fees will be implemented starting August 1, 2017, for non-EU/EEA citizens, who confirm that they accept the study place in an English-taught Bachelor or Master degree programme starting on August 1, 2017, or later.
The fees will not concern:
- citizens of the European Economic Area or equivalent; EU Blue Card holders; persons with a continuous or permanent residence permit or an EU residence permit granted for a third-country national with a long-term resident status, family members of the above mentioned
- non-EEA citizens, who study in Finnish (the degree programme is taught Finnish)
For first-year students the tuition fee is payable by October 31.
Next application period: 10 - 25 January 2017
Studies begin: Autumn 2017
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 17, 2018