Healthcare Management At Its Very Best
The Healthcare Management degree program prepares students for a career within the rapidly expanding healthcare industry. Humber’s Bachelor of Commerce - Healthcare Management degree program gives you a comprehensive grounding in both general business knowledge and specialized skills in healthcare management. The first two years of the program will develop foundational knowledge in such areas as organizational behavior, law, economics, finance and accounting, marketing, and operations. The last two years of the program will focus on the Canadian healthcare system and the specialized knowledge required to effectively respond to today's complex healthcare environment. The program will be of interest to students who wish to move into entry-level administrative or management positions in the health sector or who are interested in analytical jobs in health policy. Our program features project work that is linked to industry, professional work experience, and project work that links applied and academic fields.
What You Will Learn
The first two years of this program will develop business foundational knowledge while the last two years of the program will focus on the Canadian healthcare system and the specialized knowledge required to effectively respond to today’s complex healthcare environment. The program will be of interest to students who wish to move into entry-level administrative or management positions in the health sector or who are interested in analytical jobs in health policy.
Common Platform Years 1 and 2
This program is one of eleven Bachelor of Commerce degrees built on a common two-year platform of business studies that gives students the time to decide their specialty. In years one and two, students learn the fundamentals of business, including accounting, business law, information systems, e-commerce, financial management, HR management, and marketing. At the end of year two, students make their decision and spend their final two years specializing in their chosen business field. See all degrees on the common platform >
Curriculum Highlights (Specialization Years 3 and 4)
- Healthcare Management: Data & Analysis
- Healthcare Management: Population Health
- Health Economics
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Healthcare Strategy: Organizations
- Healthcare Management: Policy Formulation, Implementation, and Evaluation
This four-year baccalaureate degree consists of eight academic semesters and one 14-week/490 hours work placement.
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4U or equivalent) minimum 65 percent.
- Grade 12 Mathematics (MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U or equivalent) minimum 60 percent (Students who do not possess Grade 12U Mathematics or who have achieved a grade below 60 percent may be considered for admission. Students will be required to complete a math equivalency course during their first semester at Humber. (Additional course fees will apply).
- Four Grade 12 U or M courses in addition to those listed above.
- Overall minimum grade point average (GPA) 65 percent.
- College or university transfer status.
- All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Humber’s English Language Proficiency Policy.
Selection: Admission selection is based on the academic criteria indicated. Meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission.
Cost & Fees
The 2016/2017 fee for two semesters is:
- domestic $7,446.54.
- international $14,800.
Amounts listed are the total of tuition, lab and material fees, student service and auxiliary fees for the first two semesters of the 2016/2017 academic year. Fees are subject to change.