The degree programme provides students with the managerial competencies which are required for those who intend to manage care settings and to be involved in the social policy field. As part of your training, you will be able to participate in work placements under the supervision of experienced managers in related settings.
Those who apply for this course would normally have worked in voluntary organisations or would have had various work placements and would have experienced practice in various health and social care settings.
In this course, learners will have the opportunity to practise managerial skills in different care settings.
Research in this area is a key focal issue and students shall be expected to develop analytical skills and learn how to create tailor-made research programmes.
The course will be assessed as follows:
The course is mainly assessed by home-based assignments, time-constrained in-class assignments, examinations and a work placement.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Conduct research in relation to health and social care management topics
- Administrate and manage a care setting/programme
- Maintain health and safety standards in health and social care settings
- Ensure quality in health and social care settings
- Evaluate current social policy and related issues.
Core Study Units
- Research Methodology and Dissertation
- Operations and Service Management
- Ethical Issues and Decision Making
- Issues with Different Client Groups
- Human Resource Management and Leadership
- Law and Social Policy
- Quality Assurance in Health and Social Care
- Placements in a Health and Social Care Managerial Environment
- MCAST-BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Social Care)
- MCAST-BTEC Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Health Studies)
- MCAST-BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science
- MCAST Diploma for Dental Surgery Assistants
- MCAST Diploma for Pharmacy Technicians
- 2 A-Level passes and 2 I-Level passes and SEC/O-Level Pass in the English Language
Preferred (A-Level or I-Level): Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Sociology, Psychology, Human Ecology, Accounts, Economics
Posts in management and administration in the care sector.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 3, 2018