Take Your Veterinary Technology Degree Even Further.
Our pre-veterinary pathway allows students to complete prerequisite courses, preparing for application to veterinary schools. Choose our pre-professional minor in order to follow either a four-year veterinary technology path or a dual-major in biology pathway.
Passion, persistence, and the willingness to take risks will take you far in Medaille’s undergraduate vet tech program. Working shoulder-to-shoulder with active practitioners, you will learn true responsibility — responsibility to yourself, to faculty, and most importantly, to the animals. Emphasizing clinical courses and hands-on laboratory exercises, you have the opportunity to work with animals housed on campus, as well as equine and agricultural animals at large animal facilities and local farms. What’s more, should you aspire to become a veterinarian, you can take advantage of our articulation agreements with veterinary schools, including Ontario Veterinary College, which reserves two spaces for qualifying Medaille students yearly.
With Medaille College's vet tech program, you know you're going places. Whether you choose to begin work as a veterinary technician straight after passing the VTNE, or you choose to follow a pre-professional pathway, preparing yourself for veterinary school or as a dual major, Medaille's vet tech degrees are your ticket to success.
Not only will you benefit from our low student-to-faculty ratio, but Medaille vet tech students work side-by-side with a faculty of active veterinarians and researchers, both in the lab and in the field. What's more, the animals you work with are housed on campus, and you'll even have the opportunity to work with equine and agricultural animals at local facilities and farms.
12019 / Pixabay
What can you do with this degree?
Medaille vet tech students have completed preceptorships at unique sites such as:
- The Buffalo Zoo
- Erie County SPCA
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- Local Buffalo and Rochester Veterinary Hospitals
Medaille veterinary technology alumni have gone on to work at:
- Veterinary Schools
- Veterinary Clinics
- Animal Hospitals
- Animal Shelters
- Zoos and Wildlife Centers
- Kennels, Stables, and Farms
- Biomedical Research Facilities
Major Core (31 credits)
- VET 100 Intro to Veterinary Technology (3)
- VET 120 Intro to Lab Animal Science (3)
- VET 126 Animal Parasitology (2)
- VET 202 Small Animal Disease & Nutrition (3)
- VET 204 Vet. Clinical Lab Techniques (3)
- VET 206 Handling/Care of Exotics (2)
- VET 208 Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging (2)
- VET 222 Farm Animal Restraint/Disease/Nutrition (3)
- VET 224 Surgical Nursing & Anesthesiology (3)
- VET 226 Veterinary Practice Management (3)
- VET 228 Gross & Clinical Pathology (1)
- VET 230 Pharmacy & Pharmacology (3)
Experiential Learning (5 credits)
- VET 177 Preceptorship I (1)
- VET 276 Small Animal Nursing Skills Preceptorship (1)
- VET 277 Preceptorship II (3)
- Two Veterinary Technology Electives** (6)
- Three (300/400 level) VET Electives*** (9)
Liberal Arts & Sciences Courses (33 credits)
- BIO 170 Anatomy/Physiology I (5)
- BIO 171 Anatomy/Physiology II (5)
- BIO 200 Microbiology (4)
- CHE 145 Chemistry Health Sciences (4)
- MAT 112 Math for Sciences (3)^
- Any two LA&S Electives (6)
- Two 300/400 level LA&S Electives (6)
**Students must choose from one of the following: VET 130, 232, 236, 298, 299, or any VET 300/400 level.
***Students must choose from the following: VET 300, 301, 320, 340, 355, 360, 398, 400, 401, 440, 450, 460, 461, 498. Note: VET 132, 234, 238, 330, 336, 434, 438 cannot be used as VET electives.
^Students receiving transfer credit for MAT 114 or students placed into MAT 114 by competency, may substitute a free elective.
Medaille Fits Your Life
At Medaille College, we understand the challenges of being a working adult with high career aspirations. That’s why Medaille’s Adult & Graduate programs are designed specifically to fit your already busy schedule. With Medaille, you can earn your degree and still have time for work and family. Medaille College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Personalized support.
- Guaranteed classes.
- Collaborative learning environment.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available.
About the School
Medaille College is a private, nonsectarian four-year college with campuses in Buffalo, Rochester and online. Medaille focuses on your success as a student and as a future professional by offering und ... Read More