Bachelor in Physiotherapy
- Faculty: Sports Biomedicine
- Language: English B2 level or IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 5.50
- Credits: 240 ECTS
- Begins: September
- Study type: Full-time
- Duration: 4 years
- Annual tuition fee: 1890 EUR, non-Europe 2300 EUR
- Prerequisites: Diploma in secondary education
- Diploma: Bachelor of Rehabilitation, Physiotherapist
The aim of the program is to educate high-quality university-level physiotherapists on the basis of the latest fundamental and applied interdisciplinary science and modern technological achievements. The graduates will be ethically responsible, creative and enterprising, professionally providing modern research-based physiotherapy services, which include testing and evaluation of the patient’s clinical condition, the need for physiotherapy and diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of the effectiveness of the physiotherapy procedures.
- Introduction to university studies and career planning; English Language
- Standard Lithuanian and Information Technologies
- Functional Anatomy and Biochemistry
- Basics of Physiotherapy
- Psychology and Pedagogy
- Sports and Exercises Physiology
- Public Health and Fundamentals of Rehabilitation
- Motor Control, Learning, and Neuromechanics
- Nursing Fundamentals and First Aid
- Technologies of Physical Activities (Swimming, Yoga, Fitness, Pilates)
- Clinical Examination of the Patient
- General and Therapeutic Massage
- Physiotherapy in Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
- Physiotherapy for Patients with Gynaecological, Obstetric and Paediatric Diseases
- Physiotherapy in Orthopaedics and Traumatology treatment
- Modern Neurorehabilitation
- Technologies in Physiotherapy
- Research Methodology
- Health Diagnostics (+ Ethics and Deontology, Sociology)
- Ergonomics and Hygiene
- Final Bachelor Thesis
- Have clinical thinking framework based on knowledge of biomedical sciences.
- Collect, analyze, and critically interpret subjective and objective information related to the patient (client).
- Plan and carry out a physiotherapeutic assessment on the basis of the clinical hypothesis.
- Determine physiotherapeutic diagnosis and the need for physical therapy based on the collected information, assessment analysis, and critical interpretation.
- Examine and interpret central - nervous, sensory and reflector injuries in motor control for different types of patients based on current research and valid methods.
- Examine and interpret impairments of cognitive functions for different types of patients based on current research and valid methods.
- Examine and interpret functional condition and impairments of the cardiovascular system for different types of patients based on current research and valid methods.
- Examine and interpret impairments of a functional condition of skeletal muscles, bones, ligaments, and tendons for different types of patients based on current research and valid methods.
The program has been developed following the requirements of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT) which defines the profession and competencies of a physiotherapist.
The program includes course units that are not included in physical therapy programmes at other Lithuanian universities. The program offers 54 clinical practice placements in Lithuania and abroad where the internship practice is headed by specially trained clinical instructors.
Graduates will be able to continue postgraduate studies in the same direction of studies (Master degree program “Physiotherapy”) or other related study programmes focused on the Master‘s degree. Graduates will have a vast possibility to be employed in all levels of healthcare institutions (first, second, third) as well as in the institutions of nursing, wellness, and education.
About the School
Lithuanian Sports University (LSU) is proud to be the only specialized university in Lithuania, which has been uniting Movement and Sports Science for over eight decades.