Bachelor in Pharmacy
The program includes following courses:
Dermatology and Cosmetology
This course introduces the future pharmacist to important aspects of dermatological diseases, focusing on their common presentation and their relevant pharmacotherapy among other treatment options. The course addresses the assessment, treatment, and referral of disorders affecting the skin, nail, hair or mucous membranes. This course takes into consideration the structure and function of the skin and other target organs for cosmetic products application. Moreover, it studies the skin, hair and nail physiology, problems, diagnostics, treatment and prophylaxis, Dermo-cosmetic ingredients and formulations, remedies of beauty.
Pharmacy Dispensing Practice
This course focuses on the clinical aspect of pharmacy as well as its practices. Each student will be working individually from his pharmacy station in the dispensing lab. Some students will be placed in pharmacy settings created at the University while others will play the role of patients. Dispensing practices, counseling and checking for drug interactions and other pharmacy practices will be applied in this course so that the student will be evaluated for clinical and practical skills upon graduation. A counseling session will take place at the end of each laboratory session.
This course introduces basic concepts in accounting useful to pharmacy practice as well as basic micro and macro economical theories. Topics will focus on supply and demand analysis, inflation, balance sheets, income statement and other concepts necessary to achieve optimal financial management and meet national drug policies. This course teaches the students to evaluate health economic and clinical outcome researchers and to apply pharmacoeconomic analysis in clinical practice.
LIU has, in the undergraduate studies, a large range of degree programs to choose from. The admission process is rather easy. All you need are the below documents.
- Certified copy of the BACC II Diploma or its equivalent.
- Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate Degree must provide an additional certified copy of the BT equivalency (issued from the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon).
- Certified copy of grades of the last 3 years of school.
- Four (4) recent passport-sized colored photographs.
- Two copies of the Identification card. (1st page of passport for non-Lebanese) إخراج قيد إفرادي
- Two recent copies of the family civil status record: إخراج قيد عائلي
- TOEFL (International IBT) score, if available, or must sit for the LIU English Placement Test.
- $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Transfer applicants must submit a certified university official transcript and a course description from the college or university attended (instead of the school grades).
- All applicants must submit their social security papers (DAMAN), if available, or must fill the appropriate papers at the social security office. (Non-Lebanese Students are exempted from the Social Security).
- If you are in need of financial assistance to attend the university, pick up an "Application Form for Financial Aid" from the Public Relations Office.
About the School
LIU provides a well-established post-secondary education to over 20,000 full-time and part-time students in the undergraduate and graduate levels nationally and internationally.