Introduction to the Faculty of Pharmacy
The establishment of the Faculty of Pharmacy at the Aqaba University of Technology awarded a bachelor's degree in pharmacy and applied study plan is the selection of specialized courses to meet the special allocation for education pharmaceutical standards and provide graduates with the knowledge necessary to practice the profession in a scientific and moral. In addition to providing a platform for continuing education for the pharmaceutical graduates of Pharmacy at the Aqaba region and neighboring areas. Faculty of pharmacy undergraduate program for full-time requirements is to pass 162 credit hours during five years to gain theoretical and practical knowledge for competition in the labor market.
Faculty of Pharmacy Mission
Faculty of Pharmacy mission is to live up the profession of pharmacy in the area of Aqaba and the neighboring areas, according to the needs of the nation in all areas of pharmacy education and scientific research and pharmaceutical care and pharmaceutical industry, and graduate qualified leaders in their professional work
Faculty of Pharmacy Objectives
Objectives can be summarized by:
- The provision of quality education and professional development for students of the Faculty of Pharmacy.
- Enhancement of the desire for graduates to continuous learning.
- Urging and supporting scientific research in all fields of pharmaceutical sciences.
- Strengthen the links between the Faculty of Pharmacy and the needs of the local community.
- Encouragement of extracurricular activities for college students and connect them to the needs of the local community.
- The application of quality standards in education and training using the latest methods and techniques
Rationale for the development of the Faculty of Pharmacy
Aqaba University of Technology aims to develop new specializations that serve the local community of Aqaba. Due to the lack of Bachelor of Pharmacy in any of local public universities in Aqaba or in the neighboring cities, Aqaba University of Technology aspires to be the first university poses Bachelor of Pharmacy to support the city with well-qualified pharmacists.