The Department of Optometry Science is the first and only department at the level of private universities in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. The department was established as a department within the Faculty of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences in 2015, granting a Bachelor's degree in the field of Optometry Science with 132 credit hours distributed over four years. The Department of Optometry was established in order to provide the opportunity for its graduates to work in the optometry centers, ophthalmology centers and, in addition to eye clinics in hospitals.
Our mission is to provide students with cognitive skills in various theoretical and applied fields of the Optometry science and to improve their abilities to achieve competent and effective professional practices.
- Provide students with the necessary cognitive adequacies.
- Developing the professional skills of students.
- Commitment to the business ethics.
- Meet the needs of the local and regional labor market.
- Keeping pace with the latest technological developments in the labor market.
- Encouraging and developing the academic staff members’ competencies and the scientific research.
- Employing resources and clinics for serving the community.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 14, 2018