Applying the skills learned in this program reduces potential safety, security and health losses. Safety science professionals are in demand, and UCM's Occupational Safety and Health program prepares you for a rewarding career in this field.
Why Choose Occupational Safety and Health at UCM?
- UCM's Occupational Safety and Health program is ASAC-ABET accredited.
- Career placement rates for safety science graduates are very high.
- In addition to achievement awards, UCM's safety programs have more than nine scholarships available to students.
What will I study?
You'll learn the safety sciences issues faced in local, national and global contexts, and how to identify technical solutions to occupational safety and health problems.
- Accident Investigation
- Industrial Fire Protection
- Industrial Ventilation for Environment Safety and Health
- Safety and Health Lab
What can I do with a degree in Occupational Safety and Health?
- Construction Safety
- Director of Environmental Health
- Director of Public Health
- Health and Safety Officer
- Medical Clinic Director
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value engaging learning experiences that include student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Occupational Safety and Health, there are several involvement opportunities:
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Rho Sigma Kappa Honor Society
- Collegiate Firefighters Association
- Air and Waste Management Association
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2017