The students of the University of Parma, Course of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing are enrolled in a three-years lasting full-time course. Currently, the Course counts 720 students and more than 150 teachers. The course of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing has a multi-year tradition at the University of Parma.
The didactic programs reflecting the nursing core values and permit to develop competencies for practice in a dynamic health care arena: a practice that is informed by a body of knowledge and ensures that all members of the public receive safe quality care.
The Course of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing follows these principles:
- Respect and promote human rights acting in an appropriate way in order not to compromise people's security, privacy, and dignity.
- Respect the values customs, spiritual believes and practices of individuals/groups; the individual's characteristics of the clients/families not making judgments of value.
- Recognize each client/family as a unique human being, adapting the communication to people’s characteristics negotiation with their health plans.
- Guarantee the confidential of the information written and oral acquired during the traineeship.
- Recognize his beliefs and values so to not influence his practice as a trainee.
- Acts according to the service norms and criteria and the infection central commission’s norms.
- Perform according to the new Italian Nurses Deontology Code.
- Promote and keep the nurses' professional image.
About the School
The University of Parma is a State University. As such, it is self-governing and has administrative, organizational, and accountancy autonomy, providing services to the general public.