The Medicine program at Koç University features:
- Program curriculum: https://medicine.ku.edu.tr/
- Duration: 6 years
- The language of instruction: all courses are taught in English but students are required to learn Turkish by the third year to be able to interact with patients at our university hospital.
- Degree awarded: Medical Doctor (MD) diploma.
- Recognition of the degree abroad: Koç University School of Medicine is included in the approved schools' lists of ECFMG (for USA Clinical Master applications), California Medical Board and GMC (for UK Clinical Master applications).
Tuition, living costs, and scholarships
- The tuition for Medicine is 87.000 Turkish Lira per year (approximately 24.000 USD/year).
- On-campus dormitory accommodation ranges between 2.000 – 5.500 USD per academic year. You can see our dormitories here: https://dorm.ku.edu.tr/dorm
- Living costs (food, local travel, books, etc) can be approximately 5.000 USD per academic year.
There are partial tuition scholarships available for international students based on academic merit.
You only need to submit your online application and indicate in your motivation letter that you would like to be considered for a scholarship and briefly explain why.
The faculty evaluation committee then decides on admission and scholarship to be awarded to a candidate.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible for a better chance at receiving a scholarship.
- MCAT – preferred minimum 505 points or SAT exam score of 1410 points or higher
- TOEFL exam score of 80 points or higher if available
- 2 recommendation letters
- a motivation letter
- high school diploma and transcripts
You upload all this information to our online application system.
All details about how to apply are here:
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 5, 2018