The main aim of the Single-Cycle Degree Programme in Medicine and Surgery is to provide medical graduates with the knowledge and skills required to practice a modern kind of Medicine; they must be able to incorporate health promotion, disease prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation into their practice, and they must be able to do so in an international context as well.
5 reasons to enrol on the degree programme
- The programme is delivered through a range of both innovative and traditional teaching methods, with a ‘problem solving’ approach
- A focus on medical humanities to understand health and disease in the context of the individual, the family, and society
- An integrated curriculum with a hands-on approach, including clinical clerkships starting right from Year 1
- A problem-based learning approach to medicine that is multidisciplinary and patient-oriented
- English as the language to access international exchanges and broaden postgraduate opportunities
Access to the Single-Cycle Degree Programme in Medicine and Surgery is regulated on a national basis by decree of the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR). The number of students admitted each year to the Degree Programme, the date of the admission test, as well as test contents and procedures are defined annually by a decree of the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR) regulating the admission test; these requirements are published in the call for applications.
Study grants and subsidies
University students may obtain economic support during their studies from the Emilia Romagna Region, the University of Bologna and other external bodies.
Tuition fees exemptions
Check our website to know which are the required documents to apply for full exemptions and special subsidies.
About the School
Meet your future at the University of Bologna. Sign up for Alma Orienta Virtual Fair and join us online on 14 and 15 May. You will have the opportunity to join the live presentations given by facult ... Read More