While enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in healthcare management, students learn about the various mechanisms that affect the day-to-day operations of healthcare centers, including staffing and training, accounting, quality management, and human resources. They also gain an overview of the laws and policies that can affect management operations within hospitals and healthcare facilities, as well as gaining a solid background in medical terminology and basic healthcare procedures.
Students will need a secondary school qualification to enroll, as well as a background in business, mathematics, and communications. Over the four years in the program, students are encouraged to complete an internship or work-study program to gain job experience.
- Develop Critical Thinking: Enable the students to use critical thinking to interpret the impact of current issues and changing policies in the field of the healthcare organization.
- Unique Skillset: Provide students with the skills to address problems and opportunities in healthcare organizations.
- Develop Ethical Code: Strengthen the student's abilities to make ethical choices and decisions in their role as healthcare managers.
- Enhance Perspective: Develop the student's ability to evaluate the components of the healthcare system and external factors affecting the management of healthcare organizations.
- Apply Business Analysis Effectively: Enable the student to apply business analysis techniques to quantitative data in a healthcare organization
- Refine Leadership Skills: Develop the student's ability to apply best practices in leadership to the management of healthcare organizations.
The courses within a Bachelor’s degree program in healthcare management are designed to provide students with an understanding of the business and management principles that support the healthcare system. Graduates in Healthcare Management are able to contribute to a number of more complex functions supporting health administration and law, health personnel management, healthcare system basics, marketing for the healthcare system, financial management in hospitals and healthcare facilities, or quality improvement in healthcare.
Who the graduates could be
- Healthcare Service Manager
- Medical Service Manager
- Healthcare Administrator
- Assistant Hospital Administrator
- Health Information Manager
- Hospital Department Head
Where they could work
- Hospitals, clinics, and health networks
- Independent service providers
- Medical laboratories
- Government departments/agencies and regulatory authorities
Healthcare Management Program Outcomes
After successfully completing this program, graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the healthcare delivery systems, along with the associated operational and financial aspects associated with each.
- Explain the legal and regulatory environment in healthcare and implications for managers within the field.
- Recognize important external and internal factors and trends impacting the industry and be prepared to assess current policies as well as recommend and adopt changes as needed.
- Examine the dynamic nature of healthcare administration and demonstrate the problem solving and leadership skills to manage resources as needed within this environment.
- Teaching institution: MENA College of Management
- Final Qualification: Bachelor in Healthcare Management
- Number of credits: Minimum of 126 credit hours
- Levels: 1, 2, 3 and 4 Levels (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior)
MENA College offers a four-year program with an additional preliminary year for students who need more preparation. During this preliminary year, the College provides intensive training in English, the courses medium of instruction. It also provides computer skills that are essential to introduce students to the technological revolution that continually produces fresh information, and help them monitor such breakthroughs.
The degree is awarded upon successful completion of the HCM program comprising 126 credit hours, normally completed in four academic years (8 semesters).
The program is divided into study units called courses. Each course on average awards 3 credit hours. Courses are designated at levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior) indicating progressively more advanced studies. A system of prerequisites is used to ensure that a student taking a course has undertaken the necessary preparatory work.
The Bachelor in Healthcare Management degree is granted to students who successfully complete 126 credit hours divided as follows:
- 30 credit hours of General requirements
- 33 credit hours of College requirements-Management Core
- 18 credit hours of Department requirements
- 9 credit hours of Elective requirements
- 36 credit hours of Major requirements
To graduate with a Bachelor’s degree from MCM, students have to:
- Complete successfully the 126 credit hours specified in their program
- Complete the requirements in no less than three years or no more than 7 years
- Attain a minimum GPA of 2 or above
- Complete a minimum of 50% of the credit hours towards the degree at MCM
Academic Road Map for BHCM 4 year program
42 Courses: 126 Credits
The Admission Department is looking forward to offering distinguished services to the students who are applying for it over the four semesters (Fall, Spring, Summer I, and Summer II) in the academic year.
- Regular admission: This admission applies to students who have a minimum score of 60% in the UAE Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent.
- Conditional admission: This admission applies to applicants who are required to complete the English language certificate during the first semester in which he/she was accepted, with an academic load no more than 5 courses (15 credits).
- Transferred Students: This is relevant to students who moved from other educational institutions and meet the admission conditions operative in MCM, (official certified transcript and course syllabi from other institutions are needed for credit transfer in MCM).
- Admission in the Foundation Program: This admission applies to students who have achieved a score of less than 60% in the secondary School Certificate.
Students need to apply to the College using the form provided on the website and in the office of the Admission and Registration Unit. The complete application form must be delivered in person to the Admission and Registration Unit together with:
- Certified or original copy of the Secondary School Transcripts.
- Passport Copy
- Emirates ID
- Personal Photo.
- Registration fees.
- English language certificate.
The following English Language proficiency tests are accepted by MCM:
- TOEFL PBT: The minimum TOEFL PBT score required by MCM is 500 or above (The TOEFL PBT can be taken at any of the accredited higher education institutions in UAE.)
- TOEFL IBT: The minimum TOEFL IBT score required by MCM is 61 or above.
- IELTS Academic: The minimum IELTS Academic score required by MCM is 5.0 or above.
- The Cambridge Test of advanced English: The minimum score required by MCM is 154 or above.
- The City & Guilds International Test of English for Speakers of Other Languages ESOL (IESOL): The minimum score required by MCM is B1 or above.
- The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): The minimum score required by MCM is 44 or above.
- EmSAT test: the minimum score required by MCM is 1100 or above.
- Students fill completely and accurately the admission application form and submit it to the Admission Office along with the required documents.
- The admission office checks the application for completeness.
- If the student meets all the admission requirements, he/she will be admitted.
- The student will be directed to the Accounting Office to pay the required fees.
- The student, then, receives the Admission letter.
- The student meets the academic advisor to help him/her select courses that are appropriate to his/ her major and academic level.
- The academic advisor must sign the form before the student goes to the Accounting Office.
- Once in the Accounting Office, the student pays the required tuition fees and the form must be signed and stamped by the accounting officer.
- The student may register online or take the form to the registrar to complete the registration process.
Applicants can now proceed with the full MCM application (including fees payment) from their home or from any other location.
An Applicant needs to create an MCM account in order to fill the online application form according to the fields shown.
Fees & Scholarships
|Admission fees||AED 1,500||One time fee|
|Registration fees||AED 600||Per semester|
|Internet fees||AED 350||Per semester|
|ID Card fees||AED 50||Per year|
Estimated course fee (12-18 Credit Hours)
Total course fee per program (126 Credit Hours)
|Bachelor in Human Resource Management||AED 14,400 - 21,600||AED 151, 200|
|Bachelor in Hospitality Management||AED 13,200 - 19,800||AED 138, 600|
|Bachelor in Healthcare Management||AED 13,200 - 19,800||AED 138, 600|
|Bachelor in Health Informatics||AED 13,200 - 19,800||AED 138, 600|
- 12 credit hours are the minimum requirement per regular semester
- 126 credit hours are the total number required for the entire program
- All fees mentioned are exclusive of VAT
Students applying for MENA College of Management programs can receive a scholarship if they meet the criteria mentioned in the College’s policy. The following types of scholarships are available:
- 10% - With achievements in extracurricular activities for Foundation Admissions
- 10% - For students progressing from Foundation
- 10% - Merit scholarship for progressing students (to be confirmed with Admissions/Academics)
- 15% - With the result of 70-79% in Tawjihi/equivalent in other curricula
- 20% - With the result of 80-89%
- 25% - With the result of 90-94%
- 30% - 35% - With the result of 95% and above
Strategic Partners Scholarships:
- 25% - Fazaa card holders
- 25% - Esaad card holders
- 25% - Homat al Wataan (Homeland Protectors) employees
- 30% - Dubai Corporation for Ambulance Services employees
Professional Employees Scholarships:
- 20% - Aviation Professionals Club employees
- 20% - For working professionals from other industries
- 25% - For working professionals with significant industry experience
- 10% - MENA Citizens
- 10% - Citizens of Dubai
- 10% - Sibling discount
- 5% additional- Early Bird discount (to be confirmed with Admissionsaccording to Academic Calendar)
*Only one type of scholarship is available per student.
**All scholarships are applicable for the first year only, except for strategic partners.
About the School
MENA College of Management is a young, inclusive Higher Education Institution, which aims to produce outstanding and brilliant graduates by offering 4 Bachelor degree programs. By considering employme ... Read More