Build a strong foundation in the sciences
Master the concepts and information you will need to pursue a career as a healthcare professional. The baccalaureate degree in health science provides a foundation in liberal arts and sciences required for professional practice and graduate study. Students will acquire knowledge of the current health care system as well as challenges and changes in the delivery and funding of health care regionally and globally.
- Students that have selected a pre-professional track (pre-OT, PT, PA) must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.75 to maintain matriculation within the major. If a student's cumulative GPA falls below a 2.75, they will be placed on probation and will have one semester to restore their matriculating major status by raising their cumulative GPA above 2.75.
- Pre-professional track students must achieve a grade of B or better in ENGL 112 or equivalent and MATH 116 or equivalent.
- Any student who receives a grade below a C in a major course will be required to retake the course. Major courses may be retaken once. Any exceptions to program guidelines require approval by the Program Head.
- Online course options
- Helpful advisors to coordinate Health Professional graduate programs
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Synthesize and apply knowledge from biological, physical, health, and behavioral sciences as a foundation for practice as a healthcare professional
- Explain the importance of cultural competency and appreciation for diversity in the community and healthcare environments
- Demonstrate knowledge of sound ethical practice found in healthcare settings
- Identify and use professional/scientific literature and materials to support professional decision making related to clinical practice and healthcare issues
- Demonstrate knowledge of the current healthcare system, as well as challenges and changes in the delivery and funding of healthcare
- Exhibit interpersonal skills required for client-practitioner and professional interaction, as well as peer clinician communication
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 11, 2017