UniCamillus’ Degree Course in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques is a 3-year program that prepares students to carry out laboratory, analysis and research activities in the biomedical and biotechnological field as well as biochemistry, microbiology, parasitology, virology, pharmacology, immunology, clinical pathology, hematology, cytology, and histopathology. The graduates have a particular preparation for the pathologies diffused in the developing countries.
The qualifications issued by UniCamillus are valid throughout Europe according to EU Directive n. 2005/36/CE, but are also widely recognized in many other non-EU countries.
With professional technical autonomy, the graduates in Biomedical Laboratory Techniques at UniCamillus will be able to:
- carry out the work in direct collaboration with laboratory graduated staff within their sector;
- is responsible for the correct use of analytical procedures in the laboratory and in the application of working protocols defined by managers;
- verify the correspondence of the services provided towards the indicators and standards predefined by the manager of the facility;
- check and verify the correct functioning of the devices used and provide ordinary maintenance and eventual elimination of small inconveniences;
- participate in the programming and organization of the work in the facility that they work in.
The capacity of adequately using English provides the possibility of being inserted in pertinent workplaces not only at a national and European level but also outside the European Community.
Scholarships Financed by UniCamillus
In the belief that motivated and deserving students must be supported in the achievement of their academic and professional ambitions, UniCamillus has decided to finance scholarships to non-EU citizens based on the assessment of the student’s economic situation, merit and studies regularity.
For the academic year 2018/2019 UniCamillus offers to non-EU citizens residing abroad a significant number of grants and scholarships for the partial/total coverage of the yearly fee due for the degree courses.
In virtue of the peculiarity of its project, UniCamillus has been able to enter into many agreements for hospital apprenticeships that will be activated in function to the specific educational needs.
In this way, UniCamillus will be able to make students carry out the practical part in Roman hospitals, polyclinics, and research centers. In the first year of the course, through internships, the student will already be able to verify the correspondence between their expectations and the professional role experienced. The internship experiences offer individual students the opportunity to learn the activity of looking after sick people on the job (obviously under the guidance of doctors, nurses and other health professionals).
During your course at UniCamillus, you might avail yourself of the Schengen visa, that will allow you to travel, study and work in 26 countries, as well as extend your residence permit in Italy for a year after graduating, with the aim of continuing your training experience.
The prerequisites needed by students who wish to enroll in the Degree Course in Physiotherapy are:
- adequate initial preparation according to what is foreseen by the current regulations to enter courses with a nationally limited number of participants;
- good predisposition to human contact;
- good team working skills;
- ability to analyze and resolve problems;
- ability to autonomously acquire new knowledge and information by evaluating them critically.
Possession of a study title that meets one of the following criteria:
- a secondary school diploma that gives access to the University, issued by a state or equivalent educational institution of the Italian education system in Italy or abroad;
- final qualification of secondary education issued by an institution belonging to a foreign school system, located in Italy or abroad, obtained following a course of at least 12 years of schooling;
- final qualification of secondary education obtained in a school system that includes 10 or 11 years of schooling, supplemented with one or two years of university, provided that all the exams scheduled for those academic years have been passed.
Candidates enrolled in the last year of secondary school can also participate in the selections at the state and private school institutions of the Italian education system or at a foreign secondary education institution that allows the achievement of a valid qualification for admission to courses of higher education of the Italian system with the condition, if the test results are positive, to present the diploma or qualification just obtained at the time of the subsequent enrolment to the courses, under penalty of exclusion from the list of admitted candidates.
The entry to the degree course is regulated by a multiple answer written entry test and, in some cases, by an oral interview. For more information, please read the call for applications.
UniCamillus is located in Rome (Italy) - Via di Sant’Alessandro 8 - 00131.
By studying at UniCamillus you will live an educational experience of excellence in the wonderful Italian background, known worldwide for its great historical and cultural heritage, clearly evident in the great art cities like Rome, in the landscapes and in the gastronomic culture.