To train professionals capable of solving dominant health problems in the country and the region, with social sensitivity, solid ethical training, linked to the advancement of scientific and technological knowledge.
A career recognized in the field, committed to efforts to improve the health conditions of the population, dedicated to training professionals of high professional competence.
To train general practitioners, competent for the resolution of dominant health problems, as well as promotion, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation and having a social vision of health.
- Recognize and diagnose the most common pathological states of patients.
- Identify more complex pathologies that require treatment in third level hospitals.
- Apply clinical - obstetric and basic surgical procedures.
- To be updated in medical knowledge through the use of technological and literary computer resources.
- Have ethical and moral behaviors before their patients and society.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with your patients to achieve a correct diagnosis.
- Manage your patient's health problems holistically
- Develop and implement health prevention programs in all areas
- Conform and / or integrate work teams in health
- Apply strategies to transform the health reality of the community
- Conduct research following the scientific method.
- Identify risk factors in the community that may deteriorate the health of its members.
- Develop primary health care as the first contact with the population.
It is essential that the university education is oriented to the training of professionals capable of identifying and solving regional and national problems of the health sector with a social, technical and economic spirit that favors the national majorities, the university in general and the medical career in Particularly, it promotes the training of medical professionals with general education who have incorporated the principles of ethics into their work, with a humanistic vision, sense of responsibility and social commitment, and above all with knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Be a general practitioner, with scientific knowledge and technological skills.
- With sufficient ability to use clinical and laboratory instruments, with the ability to perform different medical and surgical procedures in the health area, with the ability to assess and treat the most common diseases, and above all with the ability to recognize situations that may attend and the situations that should refer.
- It will also have acquired the ability to know the epidemiological reality of the area where it performs its functions, in order to respond to the health needs of the community and participate actively in tasks of integral development.
- Demonstrate efficiency in comprehensive care to the patient, both in promotion, prevention, clinical and laboratory diagnosis, as in the provision of differentiated treatments according to the cases and appropriate to the patient, surgical treatments, simple immobilizations, initial symptomatic treatment and emergency treatments.
- Will be able to establish a good relationship doctor-patient and doctor-community, with the ability to obtain scientifically valid information in these areas.
- Will be able to carry out research projects, to update their knowledge permanently.
- It will adapt dynamically to current health policies and legislation recognizing ethnic cultural diversity, respecting people's customs, beliefs and ideas, promoting and disseminating patient's rights.
- Likewise, he will be able to use basic management tools in services and the application of health programs in force in the country.
- He will have the competence and ability to self-assess and self-evaluate throughout his professional life, acting in multidisciplinary teams applying biosecurity principles, contributing to the conservation of life and the environment.
- He will use the strategy of primary health care as a fundamental axis in his medical practice.
- It will have criteria to critically address the dynamics of the labor market, and to apply the policies and current legislation on health, both in terms of public health and professional practice.
- Human Anatomy I
- Histology I
- Genetics and Embryology
- Technical English
- Human Anatomy II
- Histology II
- Basic Life Support
- Social Medicine and Public Health I
- Human Physiology I
- Biochemistry I
- Social Medicine and Public Health II
- Cientific investigation methodology
- Human Physiology II
- Biochemistry II
- General Pathology
- Medical Psychology
- Pharmacology I and Therapeutics
- Semiology I
- Special Pathology
- Pathophysiology I
- Pharmacology II and Therapeutics
- Semiology II
- Pathophysiology II
- Surgical technique
- Clinical Hematology
- Surgery I (General Surgery)
- Legal Medicine
- Surgery II (abdomen, pelvis)
- Tropical Diseases and Infectology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maternal and Child Health
- Hospital Management
Eleven - Twelve Semester