- Employment possibilities: hospitals, community health centers, rehabilitation centers, schools, other public and private establishments;
- Studies Area: biomedical sciences;
- Study Mode: full-time studies, 3,5 years (7 semesters, 210 ECTS);
- Language of Instruction: English and Lithuanian;
- Qualification to be Awarded: Professional Bachelor of Nursing, General Practice Nurse;
- Delivered at: Faculty of Medicine.
Practice focused academic program furnishing students with knowledge of health, social and applied sciences as well as the nursing skills necessary in the European context of health care.
The compulsory part of study program consists of:
- General subjects 15 ECTS (Foreign Language, Human Safety, Information Technologies, Introduction to Philosophy, Basics of Medical Law and Management);
- Professional subjects 135 ECTS (Microbiology. Hygiene and Dietetics, First Aid in Emergency) Transcultural Communication in Nursing Practice. Professional Ethics, Basics of Nursing Training, Applied Research in Nursing, Pharmacology, Anatomy, Physiology, Basics of Pathology, Basics of Psychology, Biophysics and Radiology. Biochemistry, General Nursing, Therapeutic and Special Therapeutical Nursing, General and Special Surgical Nursing, Children Care and Nursing ;
- Professional Activity Practices 86 ECTS: General Nursing Practice of Professional Activities, Surgical Nursing Practice of Professional Activities, Obstetric /Gynaecological Nursing Practice of Professional Activities, Therapeutical Nursing Practice of Professional Activities, Emergency and Intensive Care Practice of Professional Activities, Community Nursing Practice of Professional Activities, Geriatric Nursing Practice of Professional Activities, Mental Health Nursing Practice of Professional Activities, Children Nursing Practice of Professional Activities, Final Practice.
- Qualification Examination, Final Thesis.
- Subjects of deeper specialization in the study field 21 ECTS: Palliative Nursing, Gerontology and General Practice Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Emergency and Intensive Care, Community Nursing, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Obstetric and Gynaecological Nursing. Family Health
- Optional subjects 9 ECTS: Newborn and Infant Care, Communication and Counseling, Sociology of Health, Subjects from the list offered by KAUNO KOLEGIJA/UAS
- Physical Activity, Introduction to Studies.
Graduates have a possibility to be employed in any of the following areas of Health Care:
- Hospitals, Community health centers, Rehabilitation centers, Schools, Other public and private establishments.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 26, 2017