BTEC HND in Health and Social Care
The BTEC (Business Technology Engineering Council) HND (Higher National Diploma) is a specialist vocational programme with a strong work related emphasis. The qualification provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in the sector with national recognition by employers allowing progression directly into employment or to degrees.
The Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Health and Social Care have been developed with career progression and recognition by professional bodies in mind. It is essential that learners gain the maximum benefit from their programme of study. Having successfully completed the first and second year of the HND, students are then eligible to obtain a Bachelors Degree by completing the one year BA (Hons) Business Management or Marketing course through most of the universities in UK.
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, seminars, presentations and tutorials. Students' progress will be supported and monitored throughout their programme of study. Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Health and Social Care have been developed to:
- equip individuals with underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills for success in employment in the health and/or social care sector at a supervisory or management level;
- provide specialist studies relevant to individual vocations and professions in which learners are working or in which they intend to seek employment in the health and/or social care sector;
- develop the ability of learners to contribute to the health and social care environment through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme;
- develop skills and techniques, and personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enable learners to make an immediate contribution to employment;
- develop transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing circumstances, whether moving within their own area of employment, moving up to a supervisory or management position or adapting to general changes in the provision or environment of health and social care;
- prepare individuals to progress to further professional development of higher-level skills through to future study or career advancement;
- enable study to be supported by vocational practice when this is considered desirable for the chosen progression within the health and social care sector;
- enable focused study in defined areas of the health and social care sector with specialist designed units.
What are the career prospects?
On successful completion of the HND students will be eligible for entry into related final year top-up Bachelor degrees at many higher education institutions and universities in the UK.
Career within the health and social care sector such as nursing, midwifery, etc.
This school offers programs in: