In the Bachelor of Science in Nutrition program, you’ll gain a comprehensive education that merges the science of nutrition with a broad view of wellness, community and the environment. Bastyr's experienced faculty guides you through the physiological, biochemical, socioeconomic, political and psychological dimensions of human nutrition.
The University's curriculum emphasizes that good nutrition involves understanding and meeting the greater needs of the planet. This includes using food as affordable medicine and learning how growing and processing food impacts the environment.
- A rigorous science-based curriculum prepares you for a mainstream profession with a natural health perspective.
- Highly qualified faculty coupled with small class sizes and a strong advising program.
- A modern and fully equipped whole food nutrition kitchen where students develop their culinary.
- Availability of Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) and Dietetic Internship (DI) program options.
- Whole food Dining Commons featuring organic, local meals.
- Nutrition students help maintain the University's Medicinal Herb Garden and its 350 species of herbs and seasonal crops. The garden serves as a laboratory for organic, sustainable and renewable agriculture.
- Access to elective classes in other programs, including herbal sciences, naturopathic medicine, and health psychology.
See 7 more programs offered by Bastyr University »
This course is