Exercise and nutrition are integral to good health. In the nutrition and exercise science degree program, you’ll learn to combine whole-food nutrition with expertise in exercise science and holistic health. You’ll build an in-depth knowledge of the body's physiology and mechanics, as well as an understanding of mind-body wellness and the role of nutrition in health. By gaining a deep understanding of the impacts proper nutrition and physical activity have on health and wellness, graduates of this program are poised to serve in multiple roles at the forefront of a new health paradigm - one that places emphasis on prevention and well-being.
- Modern Training Facilities - Students develop skills in exercise testing and research in a fully equipped exercise science laboratory. Our modern whole-food nutrition kitchen offers students a place to develop culinary skills and understanding of nutritional concepts.
- Hands-on Experience - Bastyr has developed relationships with area medical centers, sports medicine clinics and health clubs where students can gain practical working experience.
- Highly qualified faculty coupled with small class sizes and a strong advising program.
- Well-Rounded Approach - The curriculum includes courses in exercise physiology and biomechanics, the basic sciences, nutrition, and health psychology, all of which cultivate a robust, nuanced understanding of health and wellness.
- Fertile Learning Environment - Bastyr's 51-acre campus and the adjacent 316-acre Saint Edward State Park offer athletic fields and miles of hiking, running and biking trails, as well as access to Lake Washington.
- Active Electives - A variety of classes and clubs allow the exploration of a wide-range of health and fitness activities, including yoga, tai chi, Hapkido, belly dancing, and aikido.
- Strength and conditioning coach.
- Corporate wellness director.
- Lifestyle coach.
- Personal trainer.
About the School
Since its inception in 1978, Bastyr University has been a pioneer in science-based natural medicine. Founders Les Griffith, ND; William A. Mitchell, Jr., ND; and Joseph E. Pizzorno, Jr., ND; along wit ... Read More