This degree is perfect for those individuals who would like to be involved in designing and facilitating fitness programs in a variety of recreational, nonprofit, corporate, and health club settings. At the end of the degree program, students will be prepared to select and sit for a nationally recognized certification for personal training or health and wellness coaching.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences - Fitness Wellness?
It is no wonder that the need for fitness and wellness professionals is growing, as a healthy lifestyle improves the quality and length of your life. If you are interested in helping others stay fit and healthy, you should consider the Fitness Wellness BS. You will emerge fully prepared for a career in personal training or designing and facilitating fitness programs in a variety of recreational, nonprofit, corporate, and health club settings. In addition to the degree, you will pass a nationally recognized certification for personal training or health and wellness coaching. The flexible hybrid design of this major integrates face-to-face and online classes, allowing you flexibility in your schedule.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Personal training
- Health and wellness coaching
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Exercise instructor
- High school teacher
- Lifestyle coach
- Wellness coach
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 24, 2017