This program provides rigorous biological training, focused on biomedical science. Students will research, study, and analyze natural systems, their components, and how they work. This program prepares students for entry-level biomedical jobs or further graduate/professional programs in the biomedical sciences.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science?
Are you compassionate and hard-working? Do you dream about helping ill people or animals, or preventing them from becoming ill in the first place? If so, our Biomedical Science program can prepare you for success in your chosen field. You'll receive plenty of personal attention from faculty--in the classroom, in research laboratories, and in our Biology Advisement Center. Numerous undergraduate research opportunities involve you in the process and application of science. Our graduates have exceptional placement rates in medical schools, government agencies, and graduate programs. Less
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Medical corporations
- Biological testing
- Pharmaceutical research
- State or federal government agencies
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- University professor
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More