The intent of this program is to meet the educational needs of students who intend to pursue active careers in health care fields or enroll in graduate work in health administration. This program is designed to provide the student with the necessary background to satisfy the demands of either alternative while at the same time developing a breadth of knowledge in the liberal arts tradition.
The mission of the Healthcare Management Program in Park University’s School of Business is to provide an ethical learning model that prepares each student with the critical thinking skills necessary to facilitate learning the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively serve others and lead in today’s complex healthcare industry.
The Healthcare Management Program of Park University’s School of Business will uphold high standards of academic performance, provide students with a quality education, interact with the greater healthcare community, and sustain continuous improvement and innovation in our programs.
Healthcare Management Program Goals and Competencies Goals
- Develop an understanding of healthcare management relationships in the administrative, financial, operational, and managerial business functional areas and how to use this knowledge towards the accomplishment of the organization’s vision and mission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the political and strategic issues involving healthcare and the current reimbursement environment facing healthcare practitioners and organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize continuous quality improvement and critical thinking skills as well as quantitative methods in planning and strategic decision making processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to create, implement, and maintain policies and conditions that result in an ethical and socially responsible organization that can compete successfully in today’s healthcare industry.
- Develop effective communication skills in order to assure success in community relations and organizational effectiveness in the healthcare arena.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 4, 2017