What is the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science degree?
The importance of studying health from the perspective of social sciences has highly accentuated with the increasing rates of illnesses related to people’s lifestyles, individual choices, ecological factors, and government decisions.
BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science degree is designed to cultivate your aspiration to govern the future of health; leisure and social care services through a pleasant academic experience in a collaborative and supportive environment.
The student-centric course involves four academic years inclusive of the foundation year where you nurture your academic skills, build self-confidence and recognise learning progresses to prepare for the undergraduate degree.
Upon successful completion, you will obtain a sound knowledge to make a difference in the ever-evolving field of health and social science.
Why Should I do a Health and Social Science Degree?
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Science degree prepares graduates to identify and address the complex societal challenges and tendencies contributing to political instability, climate change, social inequity and similar issues by providing a thorough understanding of how complex groups and societies function, interact and change.
Once the foundation year is completed you will meet the requirements to take the next step to continue the undergraduate degree programme where the three academic years allow you to select optional modules to suit your career aspirations.
Whether you are shifting careers, pursuing your studies or improving your current job prospects, we look forward to welcoming you.
Learning health and social science is great preparation for an extensive variety of careers. Communication, powerful research, and critical thinking skills that our graduates develop are valuable in the workplace and can be applied to enhance any profession.
Our qualified students have emerged through numerous fields related community services, mental health, law, government, journalism, education, social research and even non-profit voluntary work with civilians.
Foundation Year Modules
- Ways of Learning about the Social World
- Preparing for Success Knowledge and Creativity
- Preparing for Success: Self-development and Responsibility
- Inquiry-Based Learning
Year 1 Modules
- Making Sense of Society: Understanding the Social World
- Policy in Context
- Understanding Sport Development
- Contemporary Debates
- Making Sense of Society: The Sociological Imagination
- Policy and Society
- Sociology of Health
- Wellbeing in Society
Year 2 Modules
- Race Ethnicity and Migration
- Citizenship, Community and Welfare
- Ethical Issues in Health and Social Sciences
- Gender and Sexuality in Society (optional)
- Research Methods
- Understanding the Work Environment 1
- Employability and Volunteering
- Sport, Diversity and Well-being
Year 3 Modules
- Funding for Sport (optional)
- Ageing Well Through the Life-Course
- Global Health and Society (optional)
- Leadership and Teamwork (optional)
- Body Culture and Society (optional)
- Disability in Mental Health and the Criminal Justice System (optional)
- GCSE English at grade C/4 or above.
- GCSE Mathematics at grade C/4 or above.
- Minimum of 90 credits from a Level 3 qualification such as A-Levels or BTECs.
All applications are considered on individual merit. If you do not meet our advised entry requirements why not make an appointment with our recruitment team who can support you to explore your eligibility or other pathways.
Course SpecificationCourse Duration: 3 years, full time
- Course Duration: 3 Years, Full Time
- Level: RQF Level 4-6
- Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
- Assessment: Mixture of written assessments, exams and practicals
- Mode of Delivery: Full Time
- Timetable options: Two evenings & a Saturday
- Campus: Kingsbury
- Intake dates: September, February
- Fee: £9,250 per year.
About the School
Regent College Higher Education is a leading provider of industry-related higher education. We are a diverse community active in promoting learning and education, with an established record of success ... Read More