The online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) in Medical Laboratory Science is designed for professionals who want to become board certified as medical laboratory scientists. The program prepares you to effectively utilize the latest molecular techniques to uncover the causes of disease and solve other complex diagnostic issues.
Upon completion, you'll possess the skills and expertise to assess patient test results, perform diagnostic analyses, and make a positive impact on medical outcomes through your laboratory work.
- Total credit hours: 120*
- Total number of courses: 18
- Program completion: 28 months
- Residency requirement: Students are required to complete a clinical rotation in their geographic location.
*This program requires a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 68 transfer credits from a regionally accredited university combined with 60 credits of GW coursework.
Why GW's online BSHS in Medical Laboratory Science?
- NAACLS Accredited: Earn your degree through a program that meets the highest international standards for clinical laboratory science and related health care professions.
- Hands-on Experience: Take your new skills and put them to use in a health care setting with hands-on practicum courses.
- Prepare for Board Certification: Graduate ready to take the ASCP Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) board certification exam.
Accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS).
About the School
At the George Washington University (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences, we prepare progressive leaders across disciplines to meet the challenge of developing and delivering health care to div ... Read More