School of Medicine
Nazarbayev University’s School of Medicine (NUSOM) is following a U.S.-style curriculum by collaborating with expert medical clinicians and biomedical scientists recruited from the global healthcare network.
NUSOM’s programs offer state-of-the-art technologies that transform our students into expert medical professionals. Candidates for the School of Medicine undergo a rigorous application process and are accepted at the discretion of the NUSOM admissions department.
About the program
Nazarbayev University School of Medicine offers a premiere, state-of-the-art undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Nursing program that integrates international education, training, and qualifications for both the European Union standards and the U.S. requirements for baccalaureate education for professional nursing practice.
This program provides: The unique opportunity to study and work alongside medical students, public health specialists, faculty and medical professionals; A program built upon a core foundation in sciences and humanities and a core nursing-specific curriculum; Learning opportunities where you will have both classroom and simulation training in Simulation Center and direct patient care, clinical focused learning in hospital settings; Student progression from classroom focus to a more clinical patient-care focus by the fourth year; Opportunities for research as throughout the program, students will have an opportunity to work on faculty and/or student research projects. The final year will require the completion of a Senior Capstone Project.
- Campus: Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- Language: English
- Delivery mode: Full time, on-campus
- Duration: 4 years
- Total ECTS credits: 250
English Language Requirements
- IELTS – no less than 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each sub-score)
- Equivalent TOEFL
- SAT Reasoning Test – no less than 1240. An essay is required, no minimum score OR ACT – composite score no less than 27. Writing part is required, no minimum score.
Work after graduation
Possible career destinations:
Begin your career! Nurses are in high demand locally and globally.
- The program provides a foundation for graduate education in nursing and other health-related fields.
- Serves as a stimulus for continuing professional development and life-long learning.
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, USA
Other strategic partners of Nazarbayev University
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business (USA)
- The National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (Singapore)
- The University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- The University of Cambridge (UK)
- Colorado School of Mines (USA)
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
- The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- The Oak Ridge Associated Universities (USA)
About the School
Located in Nur-Sultan City, Kazakhstan, in Central Asia, Nazarbayev University is a research university with growing international renown combining education and innovation on a state of the art 21st- ... Read More