Are you interested in the medical field and enjoy helping others? Would you like to work in a busy, multifaceted medical office, hospital, or clinic? Provo College’s Medical Assisting Program gives you the education you need to begin your healthcare career with confidence.
The Utah Occupational Long-Term Projections forecast that medical record/health information technicians will be among the fastest growing careers through 2020, with a projected total job growth of 28% or 2,580 jobs, (Utah Department of Workforce Services Occupational Projections, 2012). Our school can prepare you to apply for these future job openings by earning a Medical Assisting Degree. Learn about courses, financial aid, and how to apply by contacting Provo College today.
The program prepares students for the National Certification Exam for Medical Assistants. This exam is administered on campus and may be taken through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). Certification exam fees are the responsibility of the students.
Students may sit for the following certifications through the NCCT after completing the corresponding course(s):
- Phlebotomy Technician: MED255
- ECG Technician: MED220
- Patient Care Technician (PCT): All core courses (must be CNA certified)
- Medical Insurance and Coding Specialist: MED138 and MED145
Medical Assisting graduates are trained in:
- Microbiology, hematology, venipuncture, and urinalysis.
- Transcription and charting.
- Patient gowning, draping, vital signs, and ECGs.
- Minor surgical assisting.
- Injections and pharmacology.
Average program length:
- Associate of Science Degree in Medical Assisting – 16 months.
Job Titles for Medical Assisting Graduates:
- Clinical Medical Assistant.
- Medical Office Manager.
- Phlebotomy Technician.
- ECG Technician.
- Front Office Manager.
About the School
With thousands of graduates along the Wasatch Front, Provo College is committed to career education in Utah. Our mission is to help committed students attain rewarding careers through student-centered ... Read More