Graduate with skills as well as knowledge. A "Practitioner" approach to learning provides skills employers demand!
This profession is the heart and soul of the medical field. Healthcare is one of only a few industries in America that is currently growing with available careers. This industry would not succeed without the help of medical assistants. Their skills are needed in almost every aspect of the healthcare field.
This program is offered 100% online and does not require the students to travel to the USA.
WHAT DO MEDICAL ASSISTANTS DO?
Medical Assistant Specialists can provide both direct and non-direct patient care services for the healthcare industry and it’s professionals to make the organization operate more efficiently, productively and professionally. Key College offers a two-track approach to the Medical Administration Assistant degree: Administrative or Clinical
Administrative areas would include:
Medical records management, front desk operations, billing and coding, bookkeeping, interacting with insurance companies & Medicare, scheduling appointments, arranging for services, greeting patients, and more.
Clinical areas would include:
Prepping clients for doctor examinations, phlebotomy, EKG’s, injections, checking patients in, vital signs management, physical exams, explaining procedures to patients, and more.
Career Opportunities for Medical Assistant Specialists:
Our program uses a hands-on approach to teaching that is enhanced by our small class sizes and one-on-one attention from industry-experienced faculty.
Key College teaches students the skills and professionalism necessary to be a successful medical assistant in today’s healthcare system. Our degree consists of class time as well as an externship where a real-world application is learned.See the average annual income for Medical Assistants in the United States Here.
Prospective students must complete an application online or via e-mail. Programs offered at Key College require a solid commitment for successful completion.
Therefore, an interview beforehand with an admissions specialist provides full information about the requirements, the courses, and class starting dates, part-time work, and employment opportunities for graduates.
An assessment of the student’s interests, background and commitment will occur during the admissions interview. All applicants must be evaluated for the academic capability and must talk with the appropriate academic advisor to evaluate the prospective student’s ability and commitment. When all application requirements have been fulfilled, applicants will be notified promptly regarding their admission status.
New Start date every 6 weeks! Next Start is Jan, 3rd 2017.
Online students will take their classes fully online from their home nation, and will not be required to obtain a student visa since they won’t be residing in the USA.
Cost of tuition for international students is the same as for resident students.
- A certified copy of the high school transcript or equivalent, if available. The student’s signature on the application is an affidavit attesting to their completion of the high school requirements for receiving a diploma. Any foreign transcripts must be translated into English by a certified translator at the student’s expense.
- Transfer students will be required to provide verification (i.e., official academic transcript) of enrollment from another educational institution and verify financial support to attend Key.
- Proof of English Proficiency: Applicants from countries where English is not the first language, and applicants for whom English is not their native language, must demonstrate proof of English-language proficiency via TOEFL or another English proficiency test such as our College Entrance Exam.
- College Entrance Exam: We accept SAT score of 1200 or an ACT composite score of 19 or equivalent test scores with your transcripts. Or, you may also take our College Entrance Exam online.
- See each degree for other program-specific requirements.
|✓ Patient Care||✓ Hospices|
This school offers programs in: