Associate of Nursing - Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Please check out our e-brochure! Olympic College is a two-year public college in Washington State that offers more than 70 different degrees and certificates in academic transfer and professional-technical programs. The campus in Bremerton is located on a 33-acre site framed by views of the Olympic Mountains, Mt. Rainier, saltwater inlets, and the Cascade Mountains. Olympic College offers several programs to prepare qualified men and women to deliver quality nursing care. Nursing graduates find employment in numerous healthcare settings: home health care, hospitals, community-based agencies and more. Olympic College offers a two-year Nursing curriculum designed to prepare qualified men and women to become Registered Nurses. The two-year curriculum is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission (www.doh.wa.gov/hsqa/Professions/Nursing), and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (www.acenursing.org). The Program includes a balance of general education courses, nursing theory, and nursing practice. Following acceptance, most students will complete the program in six academic quarters. NURSE 151, Dosage Calculations, requires a minimum 3.7-grade point. All other nursing courses require a minimum 2.2 (80%) grade point or above to progress in the Nursing Program. Graduates are prepared for employment as Registered Nurses in home health care, hospitals, long-term care, and community-based care agencies. The graduate of the Nursing Program will receive the Associate in Technical Arts Degree which qualifies the candidate (for eligibility) to take the NCLEX examination for licensure as a Registered Nurse. The license permits the nurse to use the legal title of Registered Nurse in the State of Washington. Why Choose Olympic College?
- Personal attention and small classes.
- Affordable tuition and homestay.
- Residential hall available on campus.
- Conveniently located close to Seattle.
- TOEFL not required.
- Intensive English Program.
- Free conversation partners.
- International Student Club.
- On-campus employment.
- 4-and 6-week summer sessions of Intensive English.
- Guaranteed university transfer admission to designated 4-year universities.
- Small international student population provides opportunities to speak English.
- Opportunities to get involved in campus life and make lifelong friends.
Tuition & Typical Costs : Non-resident
Program taught in: