An emphasis in Kinesiology and Wellness provides the student with an understanding of kinesiology, health promotion, and the mechanics of the human bodily movement. In addition to the foundational physical education and movement courses, students select courses from a scientific and nutrition and behavioral development and diversity cluster.
Program Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of this program, a student will:
- Have an understanding of kinesiology, health promotion, and the mechanics of the human bodily movement.
- Have an understanding of Anatomy, Nutrition as well as Behavior Development as it applies to Kinesiology.
- Be able to demonstrate competence in several activities.
- Be provided with an opportunity to prepare for transfer or a career in the field of human movement and wellness.
- Be able to examine personal health-related behavioral patterns, select goals, and formulate appropriate health and fitness strategies.
Career Services provides employment assistance and opportunities for Mt. SAC students and alumni. To accomplish this, we partner directly with local employers and help them find qualified candidates. We also offer a variety of services to assist Mt. SAC students and alumni including but not limited to;
- Check out internet resources to research potential careers, labor market information and more!
- Explore our career resources library and computer lab.
Acquire employment skills:
- Attend workshops on writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing skills, mock interviews, career-specific topics and more.
- Get a one-on-one resume, cover letter, interviewing and general job search assistance with one of our career specialists.
- Participate in the Disney College Program.
- Find internships.
And get a job!
- Search hundreds of job postings updated daily via Mountie CareerSource.
- Schedule an on-campus interview with employers.
- Attend our career fairs.
Any person who is 18 years old and not currently enrolled in High School or any person possessing a high school diploma or its equivalent is eligible for admission to Mt. San Antonio College. Admission to Mt. San Antonio College includes the filing of an application for admission by the student and the filing of transcripts from high school or college(s) the student previously attended. It is the student’s responsibility to request official transcripts from the last high school attended and any college(s) attended. Transcripts will be reviewed to determine eligibility for courses at Mt. SAC.
About the School
At Mt. SAC, students can get the full college experience without the full college debt. We give our students the support and excellent education they need to succeed in new careers, gain admission int ... Read More