Get a comprehensive education and practical experience in nursing, and prepare to become licensed as a registered nurse. Students who choose to leave the program before completing the degree may qualify for other certificates.
This program has approval from the Arizona State Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc.
What can I do with this degree?
Career Options: Take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®) to be eligible to work as a registered nurse.
Academic Options: Pursue a bachelor's degree in nursing at a university.
Students must earn a C grade or better in all program core and support courses to progress to the next semester or to graduate. Course substitutions are not accepted in the Nursing program.
Students must have completed the following prerequisites (with a grade of B or better within the last four years) before they may begin the Program Application process.
- Compass reading score of 95 or higher
- MAT 122 Intermediate Algebra OR
math assessment score into MAT 151or higher within the last four years
- BIO 201IN Human Anatomy and Physiology I[SUN# BIO 2201]or
- BIO 201IHHuman Anatomy, Physiology and Histology
- BIO 202INHuman Anatomy and Physiology II[SUN# BIO 2202]
- PSY 101 Introduction to Psychology
General Education Requirements
This section lists general education requirements that are not fulfilled by core or support courses. A grade of C or better is required for graduation.
- Humanities and Social Science Requirement: complete a course from the Humanities/Fine Arts or Leadership/Ethics categories marked with a "C" or "G"
Required Core Courses
A grade of C or better is required for graduation.
- NRS 104/104LC/104LS Nursing Process I
- NRS 105/105LC/105LS Nursing Process II
- NRS 201/201LC Nursing Process III
- NRS 202/202CA/202CB Nursing Process IV
Required Support Courses
A grade of C or better is required for graduation. Higher minimum grades may apply for some courses.
- BIO 205IN Microbiology [SUN# BIO 2205]
- ECE 107 Human Development and Relations
- or PSY 240 Developmental Psychology
- HCA 102 Drug Calculations
- HCA 155 Introduction to Pharmacology
- WRT 101 Writing I [SUN# ENG 1101]
- WRT 102 Writing II [SUN# ENG 1102]