The term kinesiology means the study of movement and the associate of arts degree program emphasizes major preparation courses for students seeking transfer to a four-year university. Students entering the field of kinesiology can look forward to career prospects in the areas of fitness, health and wellness, athletic training, exercise science, education/coaching, and sports administration. Students who have selected the particular four-year college to which they wish to transfer should use the catalog of that institution as the principal guide for determining additional coursework. This program is the study of the mechanics of body movements.
- Strength and conditioning.
- Exercise physiologist.
- Sports Psychologist.
- Fitness director.
- understand normal and abnormal human musculoskeletal development.
- design effective strength and cardiopulmonary programs.
- understand the human body’s basic structure and how its various systems work together.
- develop appropriate fitness programs and assessments to evaluate and analyze personal success.
Program taught in: