Rzeszów is a growing, vibrant city of about 192,000 residents located in southeastern Poland. The University of Rzeszow, which is a 15-minute walk from the center of the city, is a large public University with over 18,000 full and part-time students, 2,800 of which are enrolled in the Faculty of Medicine.
The University of Rzeszów Faculty of Medicine English Division offers a 6-year program leading to the degree of Medical Doctor (M.D.). The Faculty of Medicine English Division program of study is based on the standard 6 year European M.D. program consisting of 2 years of preclinical coursework and 4 years of clinical coursework and practice with instruction by medical faculty in English.
Application Information for the 6-year M.D. program
Preclinical and clinical instruction in anatomy, histology, and embryology are held in the new Morphological Science building equipped with modern anatomy, histology, forensic medicine and pathomorphology laboratories. This modern building is equipped to accommodate 250 practicing students on any given day and classes are divided into groups of between 10 and 15 students. Clinical training is provided in groups of 5 students. The anatomy laboratory in the Morphological Science Unit is equipped with prosector tables with surgical lighting, confocal microscopy, computed tomography for forensic medical needs, digital three-dimensional human models on a virtual anatomical table, and a fully equipped microscopy laboratory. Each student has access to a data bank library with histological slides of human organs.
Students are also instructed at the Clinical Provincial Hospital No. 1 and Clinical Provincial Hospital No. 2 (Clinical Provincial Hospital No. 2 is adjacent to the Morphological Science building) in Rzeszów and in several other local hospitals affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine. Over 6,000 medical professionals work in the Provincial Hospitals in Rzeszów.
In the first two years of preclinical study, students will take courses in Anatomy, Histology, Embryology and Cytophysiology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Medical Psychology, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology with Parasitology, Immunology, Genetics, Hygiene and Epidemiology, Information Technology and Biostatistics, First Aid, Patient Care, Public Health,Medical Ethics, Family Doctor, and Emergency Aid.
Mandatory summer internships in clinical hospital training are often performed in our local hospitals and in other countries in Europe such as Italy and Germany.
Clinical courses taken during years 3-6 include Pathology, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Clinical Genetics, Imaging Diagnosis, Dermatology and Venereology, Infectious Diseases, Disaster Medicine, Otolaryngology, Masticatory Organ Disease, Internal Disease, Pediatrics, Internal Disease, Surgery, Gynecology, Laboratory Diagnostics, Neurology, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Ophthalmology, Nuclear Medicine, Pulmonology, Transplantology, Psychiatry, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Urology, Oncology, Clinical Immunology, and Emergency medicine.
A graduate obtaining a professional title of Medical Doctor has the opportunity to work in public and private healthcare institutions, research institutions and research and development centers as well as institutions dealing with counseling and dissemination of knowledge concerning pro-health education.
The Faculty of Medicine English Division follows in the tradition of our established Medical School for Polish residents. This program is being offered to qualified high school graduates who have demonstrated excellence in the biological and physical sciences and are capable of undergoing preclinical and clinical medical training in spoken and written English. Candidates will be evaluated for admission based on their academic history and an interview that will assess knowledge in biology, chemistry, physics, and English language.
- Faculty of Medicine (6-year MD program in English)
- Full-time studies (6 years, 12 semesters)
- Payment – 11 000 euro per year. Agreement: Student – University.
- Application (recruitment) fee is 20 euro
This program is being offered to qualified international high school graduates who have demonstrated excellence in the biological and physical sciences and are capable of undergoing preclinical and clinical medical training in spoken and written English. Candidates will be evaluated for admission based on their academic history and an interview that will assess knowledge in biology, chemistry, physics and English language.
Items considered in the recruitment process: BIOLOGY at an advanced level.
Additional items considered in the recruitment process: CHEMISTRY or PHYSICS - one of the subjects chosen by the candidate at an advanced level.
The competencies expected from the candidate: The candidate has knowledge at the secondary school level in the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, English at level B2 and demonstrates the ability and motivation to study medicine.
1. Personal data statement.
2. A completed, signed application form scanned and sent to the email address below.
3. A signed agreement that student will pay monthly health insurance (around 15 euro) in Poland.
4. Copy of passport - by email scanned and sent to the email address below.
5. 2 passports sized photographs (1 photograph to be sent by email. The electronic version of the photograph is to be sent as a JPG file; size 400×500 pixels; no larger than 2 MB.
6. Medical certificate certifying no contraindications to start higher education studies in Poland - by email in English. Documents must be translated into Polish (candidate can have documents translated after arrival).
7. A high school graduation certificate with grade transcripts - in English by email. Translation needs to be done into Polish (candidate can have documents translated after arrival).
8. Candidates are required to submit a certified document certifying knowledge of English at a minimum level of B2 or the result of a written matriculation examination in English at an advanced level (at least 80%) or a good grade from the secondary school-leaving examination in English language or a document confirming the completion of secondary school or studied abroad or in Poland, where the language of instruction was English.
9. Proof of payment of the application fee (20 euro) - by email.
Candidates should send the all of the above-listed documents in a single email (if more than one email is required for sending the documents, they should be sent sequentially on the same day) to email@example.com by September 7, 2018.
A confirmation email will be sent after all documents are received.
Program taught in: