5-Year Pre-Med/MD Program
Course Code: EE-PMMD
Easton Education’s 5-Year Pre-Med/MD Program provides aspiring medical students with the prerequisites required for entrance into a Caribbean Medical School and U.S. Clinical Rotations. Students will complete one year of Pre-Medical courses and upon successful completion will have guaranteed entrance into an affiliated Caribbean Medical School. Students will then complete two years of basic science and pre-clinical courses before moving on to 72 weeks of clinical rotations in the U.S.
Our knowledgeable and professional instructors not only educate but also tutor and advise students throughout the course of their study. Students are instructed based on a rigorous curriculum, which will set a solid foundation for students to build upon in their studies.
Pre-Med (1-year) - Online
- General Chemistry
- Foundation Biology
- Medical Terminology
- Community Health and Wellness I
- Organic Chemistry I
- Cell Biology and Histology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- Physics I
- Community Health and Wellness II
- Organic Chemistry II
- Medical Ethics
- Physics II
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- Community Health and Wellness III
Basic Sciences (2-years) – Online or on campus in the Caribbean (visa is provided)
- Histology & Cell Biology
- Human Anatomy
- Clinical Skills I
- Clinical Skills II
- Disease &Infection
- Clinical Skills III
- Research Methods
- Physical Diagnoses
- Clinical Skills IV
- Research Methods II
- Basic Science Review
- Clinical Skills V
- Intro to Clinical Medicine
Clinical Rotations (2-years) – Done in United States of America hospital (visa is provided)
The clinical aspect of the curriculum includes 72 weeks of clinical clerkships divided amongst different specialties. Of these clinical clerkship weeks, 48 weeks are clinical clerkships consisting of core rotations leaving 24 weeks of electives clerkships based on the student’s preference and availability of preferred rotation.
Below is a chart outlining the designated time for each specialty.
|Clerkships||Number of Weeks|
The objective of the combined 5-Year Pre-Med + Doctor of Medicine (MD) program is to facilitate an accessible pathway for students complete an accelerated program to lead into their future educational path in medicine.
The 5-Year Pre-Med + Doctor of Medicine (MD) program consists of one year of PreMed courses, which is done online. Followed by 2 years of Basic Sciences, which can be done online or in the Caribbean campus, which is then followed by 72 weeks of hospital training in the United States. Visa will be provided for students in the Caribbean and the United States of America.
Who should take this program
This program is for aspiring medical doctors who would like an accessible option into the medical school in-depth knowledge of the medical field. This program plays an important intermediary role in a student’s educational path. We enable our students to partake in greater learning opportunities provided through the program. Must be at least 18 years of age and have completed high school (grade 12/ +2). No specific prerequisite courses are required.
What are the admission requirements?
- Completed application form
- Official transcript(s) from high-school or post-secondary school with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (“B” grade). Must be verified and translated into English.
- Color photograph of the applicant
- Resume or Personal Statement. A personal statement is summary of the students’ interests, goals, personal attributes, etc. that can classify the student as a suitable candidate for the program of their interest. Please limit personal statements to 500 words.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor, employer, work/volunteer supervisor or any professional individual that is not personally related to the applicant.
- Proof of English proficiency (IELTS – 6.0 or better); if applicable.
What credential will be awarded upon completion of the program
Upon successful completion of all academic and financial obligations, students will receive a Diploma of Pre-Health Sciences from Easton Education. Affiliated medical universities will award the Doctor of Medicine degree.
The Pre-Med is done online (distance education). Basic Sciences can be done online (distance education) or on campus in the Caribbean. The 72 weeks of clinical training is done in the United States of America.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 16, 2018