The Higher School of Osteopathy was born in April 1990 by its current President & Director Roger Caporossi Studies, osteopath graduated from the Teaching Company, Studies & Techniques of Osteopathic Research, expert training and practices related to this discipline.
Establishment of private higher education registered with the Rector of the Academy of Créteil - Chancellor of Universities, approved by the Ministry of Health by a decree of 9 August 2007, the mission of the ESO is to form exclusive practitioners, managers and competent, according to the recommendations of the International Society of Osteopathy and the World health prevention and health preservation Organization.
ESO is the historical school of osteopathic training after bachelor in France. Indeed, since its establishment, the establishment takes a precursor approach to training in osteopathy by being the first to:
- exempt in France, after the baccalaureate or equivalent, a full course of university type, 5 years of initial training full time osteopathy,
- ask the Directorate of Health and Social Affairs for the legality of an initial osteopathic training after the Bachelor (1990)
- apply for registration of its higher education activities with the Ministry of Education (1992)
- format teaching to the standards set by the European Union in Bologna (2001)
- institute a review of selection at the end of the first year of the course, integrated preparatory (2003)
- for the inclusion of graduation, the French Osteopathy degree, the National Directory of Professional Certifications (diploma certified Level II Decree of 10 April 2009 - OJ April 21, 2009). In 2014, ESO was confirmed the inclusion of a degree in Level I (Ministerial Decree of 20 January 2014).
ESO is also and especially the first school of osteopathy to be ISO 9001 certified in May 2003 for the quality of its teaching, its organization and its management by Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance, No. 1 worldwide organization for certification to the international quality standards. This certification is confirmed by the French Accreditation Commission (COFRAC) on 13 May 2003. The quality of the curriculum proposed by the ESO, organization, content and duration are today for the profession a reference for initial training in osteopathy, a standard which institutions are the inspiration more demanding in France and Europe.
Located in the heart of the university campus in Marne-la-Vallée, the Higher School of Osteopathy has a privileged location that allows its French and foreign students to undertake higher studies in a quiet and green although nearby Paris (Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and Orly at 30 min., Paris Gare de Lyon 20 minutes. by RER A). ESO welcomes 600 students per year, all levels of education. Proximity to other colleges on campus promotes the exchange between people of different backgrounds.
Courses are taught by a faculty of 120 teachers: osteopaths French and foreign professionals of the medical experts, scientists, academics, researchers, course assistants, TD and TP.
Choosing the right school of osteopathy is essential.
The criteria ESO
- Spacious rooms, modern and adapted to the teaching of osteopathy.
- The seniority of the historic first school in France to form exclusive osteopaths for over 20 years in international format after bin.
- A degree registered in RNCP, level of Title I.
- The presence of a genuine osteopathic clinic supervised by professionals that guarantees treatment of "real" patients for 4 years of study.
- Academic partnerships (Reims, Evry).
- Real resources for research in osteopathy (laboratory teams).
- A rich and intense student life.
- Professional insertion close to 100%.
ESO in figures
- 6000 m2 of premises in the heart of the university center of Cité Descartes.
- 160 stakeholders: osteopaths, health professionals, researchers.
- 40 consultation rooms within IA integrated clinic.
- 80 external courses (hospital, clinic, business, sports club ...).
- 10% of students in dual degree course in Master.
- 1 Research Unit
- 1 documentation center (library, media library).
- 2 student residences of 150 rooms and 190 rooms.
This school offers programs in: