It is ideal for those who have always wanted to have an in depth understanding of Yoga but have been unable to take a long time off. It covers philosophy, psycho-physiological, and practical aspects of yoga.
This is an advanced and comprehensive training course, which trains students to teach Yoga to all age groups, as well as in the management of various diseases. Join this wonderful course to either become a competent teacher or to simply enhance your life journey, learning to deal with your challenges with grace and equanimity.
The goal is to preserve the authentic science of Yoga, India's greatest heritage, by imparting the essential knowledge, skill and methodology behind the practice, to students from all over the world to experience, teach and live this amazing science as a Life Practice, while impacting the lives of others.
Our teacher: Yoga Guru Shri Vidyasagar Shastri
- No Prerequisites. Open to all. Minimum age 18 years.
- Students are expected to understand English.
- Candidates should be medically fit and sound.
- One is expected to attend at least 3 classes a week and should practice daily on their own.
- The teachers will judge the student’s practice further to start teacher training.
The Syllabus Covers:
Over the course of 3 months, participants will undergo a complete immersion in both classroom yoga instruction, as well as local culture, offering each individual the ability to learn, reflect, and absorb not only our lessons, but also the lifestyle led by those who practice yoga. All participants will study:
- Yoga (meaning, introduction)
- Types of Yoga (Astanga, Gyan, Karma, Bhakti, Hatha, Nada, Laya, Mantra)
- Taking note of individual health problems of participants
- Distractions in the path of Yoga and its immeasurable benefits, if one keeps moving along the journey of Yoga
- Yoga Sutra
- Yogic Kriyas, SatKriya
- Asanas, Pranayama, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yoga Vasistha, Ahar, Vihar
- Essential Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Ahara (Yogic food) Dietetics and Nutrition
- Yoga Therapy
- Yoga principals, Nature cure principals, Art of living
- Philosophy of yoga - Darshanas,
- Prana: Five major ones and their importance
- Human Body and its healthy functioning, with reference to the Yogic Science
- Life Management Tips: diet, sleep and other aspects of life like Temperance, Dress, Ethics, Dincharya, Ratricharya, Ritucharya, Jeevan Darshan (Life’s Philosophy), Duties and Debts
- Spiritual Healing
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Counselling, Public speaking, Methodology of teaching, Practice teaching
- Yoga Practicals. Introduction to the entire Pawanmuktasana series, Shatkarma (The Six Yogic Cleansing Methods), Surya and Chandra Namaskara, Yoga Nidra, Asanas and Pranayamas, Kriyas, Pratyahara, Mudras, Bandhas, Brahmacharya - its meaning, benefits and practice methods, Meditation and its types.
From time to time following practices and treatments will be included in the schedule:
- Ayurveda (Panchakarma, Jadi buti, Vasti, Potli therapy, Oil dhara, Massages)
- Naturopathy (Mud therapy, Sun bath, Hip or Kati bath, Steam bath, Hydro therapy, Fasting and diet)
- Yog Kriyas (Nasal Cleansing - Sutra Neti and Jala Neti, The Yogic Detox - Shankhprakshalana, Meditation - Tratak, Kunjal, Vajroli)
On completion of full attendance and all other prerequisites, an examination shall be conducted at the end of the course after which successful students will be awarded certificates.
Yoga Retreats & Classes in Resort Marinha Dourada, Goa
Practical trainings in Goa are organized in Resort MarinhaDourada. Resort is located in the scenic village of Arpora just minutes away from the famous Baga beach. Very quiet and green place.The resort overlooks 2 lakes with the Bagariver flowing nearby, besides the Baga hillock with its dense tree canopy and the salt pans and rice fields on the other side.
The facilities and amenities are designed to give one the ultimate in comfort and luxury. The first thing that should strike you about the Marinha Dourada is the peace and tranquility. Set in serene surroundings the atmosphere remains cool even in hot summers.
It is not just the “time” or “years” of practice that makes one eligible for a particular level of certification but the “quality” of practice.
The Yoga Institute is dedicated to our trainee’s further education post graduation, offering internship program placements to graduates wishing to further their studies upon completion of their training.
Six Months Yoga and Naturopathy Courses / Certificate
- Certificate In Practical Yoga
- Certificate In Nature Cure
- Certificate In Yogic Science
- Certificate In Herbal Nutrition Basics And Yoga
- Certificate In Energy Therapy And Yoga
- Certificate In Herbs & Natural Diet
- Certificate In Child Health By Yoga
- Certificate In Breathing Techniques By Yoga
- Certificate In Mind Memory Personality Development By Yoga
- Certificate In Science Of Happy And Healthy Living By Natural Diet
- Certificate In Fasting And Naturopathy
- Certificate In Therapeutic Yoga
Reasons to teach yoga:
- Deepen Your Practice
- Inspire Students & Change Lives
- Enjoy a Flexible Schedule
- Earn a Good Salary
- Live & Breathe Yoga
The best time to train to teach is when you’re most excited about yoga. Passion and enthusiasm are the key ingredients for success. Personal practice is always growing, and the decision to make this practice into a profession should evolve from your own personal motivation. If you’re excited now, then there is no better time to take initiative.
Indian Technical Institute - Management Educational Trainings (ITI MET) and Goa Swiss Institute of Hotel Management (GSIHM)
Indian Technical Institute - Management Educational Trainings (ITI-MET) and Goa Swiss Institute of Hotel Management (GSIHM) has more than 40 years of experience in India in the field of student and corporate trainings.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 2, 2016