Research Proposal - Advanced Professional Development [Level HE6] part-time [ University of Bolton ]
This module is linked to and follows on from the Evidenced Based Practice and Research Methodologies module but may be completed as a stand-alone unit.
You will be expected to consider the growth of evidence based practice and the impact on professional practice that will affect patient/client/child issues. You will demonstrate initiative and originality in the identification of research questions that are informed by searching through a range of evidence. Systematic literature searching, critical appraisal of evidence and synthesis of recommendations for evidence based practice is the focus of this module.
It is the second core module for the BSc (Hons) Professional Studies pathways.
- The nature and management of knowledge and evidence.
- The role, processes and application of evidence based practice in childhood studies, health and social care policy.
- The research paradigms, their scope, limitations and appraisal.
- Framing questions for evidence based practice.
- Sources of evidence.
- Effective efficient strategies for searching for evidence.
- Hierarchy of evidence, appraisal and grading of recommendations in practice.
- Research designs, including methods for data collection and analysis.
- Ethics within the context of evidence and the application to practice.
- Critical appraisal of different types of evidence for quality, relevance, validity, reliability and applicability.
- Selection, use and evaluation of an array of critical appraisal tools; e.g. research design, specific appraisal tools and/or statistical tools.
- Evaluation and judgment of evidence.
- Use of evidence to change practice.
- Effectiveness of self and others to contribute to evidence based practice.
- Reflexivity and reflection within evidence based activity.
You should have previously studied some Level HE5 or HE6 modules in education, early years or social care.
Previous work or voluntary experience in a relevant field is also required.
You will be interviewed as part of the application process.
This school offers programs in: