Principles for Community Practice - Advanced Professional Development [Level HE7] part-time
The aim of this module is to build upon professional experience and to equip you with the principles that underpin the knowledge, skills and attitudes required for community practice.
- Consultation and assessment skills;
- Enhanced communication and decision making skills;
- Developing therapeutic relationships;
- The management of long term conditions;
- Professional accountability and responsibility;
- Ethics, anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive practice;
- Collaborative working;
- Contemporary approaches to mental health and mental illness;
- Contemporary approaches to service delivery;
- Patient and carers perspectives and experiences.
Mapping of the learning outcomes of this course against the Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF).
You should have previously studied some Level HE6 modules in education, early years or social care.
Previous work or voluntary experience in a relevant field is also required.
You will be interviewed as part of the application process.
This school offers programs in: