Students will be expected to have, or expected to complete, an Undergraduate degree in Life Sciences, and have studied a small amount of genetics. In the UK system, we expect a 2:ii. If you are from the USA, Nigeria or India this is a CGPA 3.0 in the USA, in the Nigerian system this is a Lower Second and in India this is 60%. For other nationalities, please request this information through the enquiry form on this page.
The MSc Physiotherapy course has been specifically designed to develop qualified practitioners who are proactive, flexible and able to meet the changing needs of health and social care. This MSc develops physiotherapists who are critical thinkers and independent learners with entrepreneurial and problem solving skills.
- Shared campus with one of the largest teaching hospitals in the UK.
- This course is taught in partnership with Kingston University. You will benefit from a large, multi-faculty experience combined with the health science expertise offered by St George’s, University of London.
- Opportunity to learn anatomy by prosection and dissection of cadavers.
- The course includes 30 weeks of clinical placement.
- Shared learning alongside all other MSc postgraduate courses and both pre and post registration students, (inter-professional learning).
- Access to the Graduate School.
Main focus is on the foundation skills of physiotherapy using a problem-solving approach it will draw on some of the year two modules of the BSc Physiotherapy programme and integrate with existing master's level modules on reflective practice and psychology for exercise and health.
Study the broader concepts of clinical practice and the preventive and innovative role of physiotherapy to meet changing health and social care needs. Students will share modules with year three BSc and postgraduate professionals in order to further develop critical thinking and leadership skills whilst learning in an interprofessional environment.
- Essentials of Physiotherapy
- Management of Neuromusculoskeletal Dysfunction
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Management of Complex Cardiorespiratory Dysfunction
- Evaluation of Reflection in Rehabilitation
- Psychology for Exercise & Health
- Clinical placement
- Physiotherapy in Context
- Interprofessional Debates/Management
- Research Project
- Professional Development in Rehabilitation
- Towards self-management (optional)
- Cancer survival (optional)
Teaching is delivered through a variety of methods, ranging from classroom based learning, simulated practical exercises, self-directed learning and clinical placements. Teaching will also take place in our specially designed rehabilitation skills labs.
You will benefit from the support of a personal tutor, peer group learning and a range of web-based learning materials and online discussion forums.
With the exception of GCSEs, all academic qualifications must be completed within a five year period including year of application. Currently, we are unable to consider degrees which are older than five years.
Unfortunately we do not consider professional and/or work based qualifications to be academic, therefore these are not accepted for entry in place of recognised academic qualifications.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent*
- Grade - 2:1 honours
- Subjects accepted - Biology, behavioural science, sports science, physiology, health science or a health related profession which ideally contains human anatomy and physiology.
Experience of the research process and/or completion of an undergraduate dissertation are essential.
*Degrees must be completed, awarded and certified by 1 August 2014. Failure to comply with this may result in the withdrawal of any offer issued by St George’s.
English language criteria
If your native language is not English, you will be required to produce evidence of your English language proficiency.
English language tests are valid for only two years, as English language ability changes from year to year. If you have completed a test which is now considered to be out of date, you may be required to complete another.
Please note that applicants are only permitted a maximum of two test attempts within a one year period.
IELTS overall 7.0, with 7.0 in Reading and Writing, and 6.5 in Speaking and Listening.
Pearson (PTE Academic) Test overall 67 with 67 in Listening, 67 in Reading, 67 in Writing, 67 in Speaking.
Cambridge English Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English):
Cambridge English Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English) with a Pass at Grade B or C (Borderline in all 4 components) (equivalent to C1)
Cambridge English: Proficiency (also known as Certificate of Proficiency in English):
Cambridge English: Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with a Level C1 (Weak in all 4 components)
- UK and EU students - n/a
- International - £14,000
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 3, 2016