General knowledge of theoretical principals of drug action provides the graduates with the ability to design original pharmacological and toxicological studies, as well as to evaluate and adequately interpret experimental findings. It may be useful in the field of drug research and novel drug development. The knowledge of basic principles of pharmacology (kinetics, mechanism of action, drug interactions) helps understand the choice, mechanisms and dosing the drugs employed in clinical practice.
Medical pharmacology is one of the basic disciplines of experimental biomedicine. It is concerned with analysis of fundamental dynamic and kinetic parameters determining the expression of intrinsic biological activities and fate of drugs in the organism. The experimental data available in the field are summarized and evaluated from the point of drug effectiveness and adverse effects. Medical pharmacology education and research provide rational backgrounds for clinical pharmacology and pharmacotherapy strategies.
Description of the entrance examination and evaluation criteria
The entrance examination takes the form of an interview in which technical and language skills are examined primarily as well as the readiness of candidates for independent scientific work in their chosen field.
- English language (0-20 points)
- Specialized topic (0 -40 points)
- Examination from the field (0-30)
- Publications, lectures (0-10 points).
The passing of an entrance interview with at least 70 points.
Conditions for admission
- Completed university master's degree program, not later than the date of the beginning of the academic year October 1, 2016
- Submitting an application according to the requirements of the Charles University Faculty of Medicine in Pilsen by April 30, 2016
- Interest in work in selected subject of research and ability to do scientific work
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 30, 2016