Discover how to design, implement, and evaluate programs to help others make healthy decisions in Walden University’s PhD in Health Education and Promotion program. Use your passion for leading a healthy, active lifestyle to your advantage and explore health behavior theories and techniques to help individuals and groups improve their health or conduct research that will impact the larger population.
The PhD in Health Education and Promotion program can help prepare you to advance in the field, working as a health educator in academic, clinical, community, or corporate settings that may include state and local health departments, schools and universities, businesses and corporations, and community health agencies.
Why choose Walden?
- Walden is one of the few universities to offer an online PhD in Health Education and Promotion.
- Our program helps prepare graduates to sit for the national Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) exams.
- Enjoy the benefits of a newly developed program with a curriculum that is rooted in the areas of responsibility for health educators outlined by the National Council for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC).
- PhD in Health Education and Promotion faculty are scholars, researchers, and distinguished leaders who have extensive practical experience in the field of health education.
- Students can choose their own topic to complete their dissertation.
The PhD in Health Education and Promotion program can help prepare you to advance in the field, working as a health educator in academic, clinical, community, or corporate settings, including but not limited to:
- State and local health departments
- Schools and universities
- Businesses and corporations
- Community health agencies
- Behavioral Health
- Global Health
- Management and Leadership
- Population Health
- Disease Surveillance
- Health Policy
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 4, 2016