Medical Assistant Certificate
The Medical Assistant Certification program will prepare students to multi-task throughout the day, incorporate a varied skill set of administrative and technical skills with communication and interpersonal skills. Students, upon completion of the program, will be able to engage in direct patient care. They will be prepared for clinical duties such as taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination and assisting the physician during examinations. Students in this program will be prepared to sit for the certification exam and acquire their Medical Assistant Certification.
While these professionals will possess the same clerical skills required of any office specialist (computer/technology, communication, reception, organization), they will acquire a thorough understanding of aspects unique to the healthcare industry; this includes medical ethics, medical law, medical billing and reimbursement, and compliance with federal regulations. Students will develop a professional disposition and the ability to communicate to clients and patients in an ethical, nurturing, and compassionate manner.
- NSC 100 - New Student Course
- TEC 101 - Basics in Word and Excel
- MAC100 - Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants
- MBC 104 - Accelerated Medical Terminology
- MAC 105 - Administrative Procedures for Medical Assistants
- MAC 140 - Medical Office Laboratory Procedures
- MAC 120 - Medical Office Insurance Coding and Billing
- MBC 110- Medical Law and Ethics
- MAC 145 - Pharmacology for Medical Assistants
- BUS 151 - Introduction to Bookkeeping
- BUS 152 - Bookkeeping Fundamentals 1
- MAC350 - Externship and Seminar for Medical Assistants
As the health care industry expands because of technological advances in medicine and the growth and aging of the population, there will be an increased need for health care workers. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of medical assistants is expected to grow 31 percent nationally through 2020, much faster than average for all occupations. Students that successfully complete the program can pursue employment in an array of environments such as doctors’ offices, urgent care clinics, assisted living facilities, chiropractors’ offices and more. Additionally, medical assisting is great experience for those interested in growing within the health care field.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2015